• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Network to Simulcast Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaō

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:52 am Reply with quote
great more ecchi anime
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:52 am Reply with quote
dragonrider_cody wrote:
More than likely it will be limited to the North American market. With the exception of the shows that were owned by ADV UK and Enoki films, most Anime Network titles are limited to the US and Canada.

The Japanese tend to prefer to regionalize their streaming and rights licensing. They have a higher potential for profits that way, as opposed to giving everything to one company.

That would imply there was someone in the UK to sell streaming rights to and well, with the exception of FMA:Brotherhood on manga.co.uk pretty much all out streaming anime is coming direct from the US anyway, via Crunchy, Youtube and, indeed, TAN.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Slowzhand

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Isn't this TAN's first simulcast?

The press release says "Worldwide Premiere" but then says "Check www.theanimenetwork.com for North American Listings".

Does "Worldwide Premiere" mean it is being shown for the first time in the world on the TAN site, or that it will be available to view worldwide?

Yes! This is TAN's very first simulcast!

The 'Worldwide Premiere' means that it is being showns for the first time in the world on the TAN site.

And it is limited to the North American area, the US & Canada.

TAN will be getting the episodes FIRST and will be showing them FREE to Registered Users at our site.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:14 pm Reply with quote
TAN is also offering the stream in HD as well. The first episode is currently available in both HD and SD streams for FREE.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Slowzhand wrote:
And it is limited to the North American area, the US & Canada.

TAN will be getting the episodes FIRST and will be showing them FREE to Registered Users at our site.

It isn't free when you've already paid for an account - but since no anime that has been added to the site since I subscribed half a year ago has been available outside North America you can guess what I'll be doing when my subscription is up to renewal, which is a shame since there are still some older titles that I haven't got around to watching.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
ZakuAce

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:41 am Reply with quote
IMO the TAN player is superior to CR's, so if you can watch it at TAN, go there.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:57 am Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane lives in the UK, so CR is the only option.

On the bright side, the translated credits at the end of the episode confirm that Sentai has the license for the show. So it's highly likely we will get DVD's at some point later this year. It should also be noted that this is their first show from Marvelous since the Sojitz mess.

The subs on the TAN stream are quite good, and should be pretty much what we get on the (hopefully) eventual DVDs. The signs and on screen text are all translated, using multiple fonts. They even make use of different colors when more than one person is talking. The TAN stream also translates the opening and closing songs, something a lot of other streaming sites neglect.

If they can keep this up for other shows, I'm really hoping they pick up more Simulcasts.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:03 am Reply with quote
Well...guess what the people who aren't in the USA, Canada and Uk going to do?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2