• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tokko's ending.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan19

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Tokko is really reasonable to watch, violence and profanity were very common in it.In the last episode it ended very unexpected I mean how and why could it end like that lets get real,what happened next nothing,the only thing it ended with was an evil laugh and a earthquake.

Does anyone here like to tell me why it ended like this?
Key

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:55 pm Reply with quote
This one is much improved over previous efforts for an opening post, so we'll allow it this time.

Given that only three volumes of the mange on which the series is based were ever published, it may have cut off the way it did simply because they had no more material to animate. It definitely has the feel like there should be a lot more story to tell, but the original manga-ka apparently didn't continue it. (Tohru Fujisawa has a reputation for doing shorter series, excepting GTO, so maybe he just lost interest.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:40 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I thought Tokko was a pretty decently entertaining title up until the last episode. It just killed the series for me, as I need conclusiveness or at least a decent effort in my anime. spoiler[Cliff-hanger endings in particular are a major detractor.]
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
(Tohru Fujisawa has a reputation for doing shorter series, excepting GTO, so maybe he just lost interest.)

My take is that they didn't know where to go with it, and lost interest in trying. One problem with recurring battle anime (or Buffy the Vampire Slayer come to think of it) is that each battle has to be more climactic than the last one, and invariably the "last one" (defined by what you just watched) nearly finished off the hero before they won at the last moment. By the end of the series the hero is dusting off enemies that at the beginning would have swatted him(her) without effort.

Tokko seemed to be running out of creativity, and probably money, when it "ended."
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1