• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Demon King Daimaō (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 8:18 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed eppie 9 as I've been enjoying all of them. This show has Funi written all over it, I tells ya. My only disappointment with this episode was that spoiler[Evil Long Green Hair Chick (Eiko) didn't greet Akuto in her usual way: i.e. wrapping her legs around his head to give him an up-close and personal view of...well, you know. Hmmm, I wonder if the carpet matches the drapes...]
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Did anyone else notice the plug stuck to Brave's butt? Not as impressive as the teleporting tree, though.

Anyway, really good episode. Didn't expect the series to wrap up this quickly (next episode is most likely a conclusion, I bet), but even a bit rushed like this it was really enjoyable (even started to like Brave, despite his repeated lines).

Looking forward to next week.
garfield15

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:41 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[-I think if Peterhausen had just been in every episode from the beginning, this show would be even better than it is. They really got the perfect voice for him too.

-Akuto (who was completely red-eyed this episode. Yay.) seems to change who he likes on a weekly basis. I was sure that he was going the Keena route but these previous two episodes seem to have brought back that crush he had on Junko in the beginning. Though to be honest, I was really just wishing he would have kissed her when he had her in that princess carry.

-These cliffhangers suck. I didn't even feel like 20 minutes had gone by.]

BTW, there was no Korone this episode. FAIL!
Eivion

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:55 am Reply with quote
So damn, they just jumped right to the big final battle. At least pacing of the episode was back to something decent. I enjoyed the latest one, but I can still only get into it so much knowing how much they rushed to the whole deal.
Miranox

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:17 am Reply with quote
garfield15 wrote:
spoiler[-Akuto (who was completely red-eyed this episode. Yay.) seems to change who he likes on a weekly basis. I was sure that he was going the Keena route but these previous two episodes seem to have brought back that crush he had on Junko in the beginning. Though to be honest, I was really just wishing he would have kissed her when he had her in that princess carry.]

To me it didn't seem like spoiler[he had a crush on anyone at any point during the series. He's not interested in Keena in a romantic way as far as I can see. He's just trying to protect her. As for Junko, it's unclear what he means by "taking care" of her. He didn't show any romantic inclinations in the previous episode. My guess is that Sai isn't going to pick any of them and instead will just go with the harem ending, not that there's anything wrong with that Wink .]
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Funny ending. spoiler["Future occupation: Demon Lord"] lol.
Everything happened within expectations, though it would be nice if they had more time to work on a few details. But I suppose the series preferred comedy over other things, and I'm fine with that overall.
After all, it was worth it, and definitely better than another certain title I just finished yesterday. Does the number 100 ring a bell? Ding dong!
garfield15

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:41 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:

After all, it was worth it, and definitely better than another certain title I just finished yesterday. Does the number 100 ring a bell? Ding dong!

....Uh, no. Which one? B Gata?

spoiler[PETERHAUSEN!!!!! (seriously, sad)

Well, another for the completed bin. I'll give it a 7/10 on MAL because it entertained me enough to keep me watching every week.

(Oh Akuto. Maoh forever I suppose)]
Miranox

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Here's hoping this show gets a second season, preferably one that isn't rushed. It was good while it lasted and there's still plenty of room to continue the story.
Eivion

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:37 am Reply with quote
I enjoyed it as much as I could with the rushing, but damn was it hard to care about some of the stuff at the end with how little was fleshed out and just thrown at you. Not sure what is honestly left open outside of that one comment made towards the end.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:38 am Reply with quote
Well it was alright, but the problem is that they probably could have done better, done more fleshing out, maybe not so much blatent fanservice, but it was still enjoyable. Also did anyone else think that the last episode of this has had some simularities to what episode 12 of Angel Beats has been, that is spoiler[killing god].

Well it looks everything is good for Sai now, spoiler[he no longer is known as the Demon Lord, and he can enjoy his life with his friends, and also get a new future profesion ..... oh crap.] I probably would like another series, just as long as they took their time to give each character enough fleshing out instead of just zooming by.
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:48 pm Reply with quote
I thought the ending was fitting, if a bit rushed. It at least made me feel like I didn't waste my time. Honestly though, ep 11 was much more awesome as we were treated to a whole bunch of kick-assery from the ladies.

Overall, it was a very enjoyable fan-service title with a male harem-lead who is actually pretty bad-ass from the get-go.

Oh, and I'll go ahead and declare it now:
Green > Blue > Purple > Red > Yellow
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:09 pm Reply with quote
the Rancorous wrote:
Oh, and I'll go ahead and declare it now:
Green > Blue > Purple > Red > Yellow

Ha ha, nice. I assume you mean Android Green as opposed to Villainess Green? I have to say I like VG's signature move of jumping up and wrapping her gams around Demon Lord's melon...I kinda wished she had used it more. My own prism wouldn't look much different than yours, but I'd probably trade Blue with Green. And to be fair to Yellow, she never got much of a chance to strut her stuff (not to mention being saddled with a Witchy-poo hat).
garfield15

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Well, I liked the witchy-poo hat! Razz

Personally, Green>>>>>>>>>all the other colors. I remember so many people comparing her to Yuki Nagato, and then we had that scene when she's checking guys out in the bathroom Laughing
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
And to be fair to Yellow, she never got much of a chance to strut her stuff (not to mention being saddled with a Witchy-poo hat).

That's the only reason I placed her last; didn't get to know her as much as the rest, and her motives confused me much of the time. And if it wasn't for Junko spoiler[denouncing her family in order to take her life for her own,] then I would have placed Fujiko before her. And yes, I meant Liladen Green; Korone just cracked me up through the whole thing with her monotonous yet snide attitude.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:30 pm Reply with quote
5/10

I had very little idea what the heck was going on at the end and didn't care.

rushed, confused, solved with a silly spoiler[memory wipe] and if I did take the time out to figure out exactly what went on, I don't think I'd care.

Red>Green>Blue>Yellow>Purple
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7