• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Demon King Daimaō (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Oddly enough, I loved this show!

The fan service from early in the show put me off quite a bit though. But it kept showing up on recommendation threads, lists, sites, etc. for shows that I love. So, I gave it a shot a while back. The last few episodes really redeemed the lack of substance early on. I was quite satisfied with the amount of parody, action, fan service, and just the general direction of the story and development of the plot as the series drew to a close. I actually cried when spoiler[the epic dragon died. He was a total bro.]

It's an enjoyable watch.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Arkov

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:21 am Reply with quote
Just finished marathoning this show over two days and I must say, it has been my most enjoyable watch since Steins;Gate.

The show certainly suffered from pacing issues around the middle, though I tend to place the good over the bad when I consider ratings (perhaps why I rate C:G R2 so highly) and the hilarious first half of the series combined with the action-packed second half more than made up for this.

Something that I didn't notice people talking about earlier in the thread that really kicked this anime up a notch for me was it's religious ideology. The entire basis for the story is that humans hear that Akuto is prophesized to become the next Demon Lord, so they begin treating him as such. Their treatment is the catalyst for him actually becoming the Demon Lord, a kind of self-fulfilling prophecy. Interwoven is the idea that God is a system created by humans, that we craft our systems so thoroughly that we believe them to take on a will of their own.

Or something like that. I doubt I've done the more subtle sides of this anime justice with my observations, but it's late and I just marathoned 8 episodes on an anime. I don't have to make sense!
Morisummer500

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:03 pm Reply with quote
I have just finished viewing this series, there was plenty of action at the end because he had to destroy the god-computer, anyway, I really liked Keina, in the English dub, she had a really cute manner of speaking, she also liked to fly around naked. The series could have been better, but it was fun to watch anyway, it had good characters at least.
Ahridan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:29 pm Reply with quote
I have added this to my never ending list of anime to watch, but it is in sub and dub, having seen it, in either, which did you guys feel felt better, the dub or the sub, thanks
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:09 am Reply with quote
Ahridan wrote:
I have added this to my never ending list of anime to watch, but it is in sub and dub, having seen it, in either, which did you guys feel felt better, the dub or the sub, thanks
It's a typical Sentai rushed subtitle script readthrough, with lots of seriously awkward lines that I hope the relatively experienced cast felt embarrassed to say. Haven't seen the sub, but I can't imagine it being any worse.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:09 am Reply with quote
Ahridan wrote:

As a person whose got a preference for dubs and has seen a lot to compare with, this...isn't exactly the best one I've heard. Although, I really only took issue with one VAs' performance, so it's not horrible or anything. In whatever language you choose to watch it in, it's an entertaining and humorous show I'd recommend watching if you don't mind a ton of fanservice.
Ahridan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:15 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
In whatever language you choose to watch it in, it's an entertaining and humorous show I'd recommend watching if you don't mind a ton of fanservice.

Thanks for the input, and fan service isn't a problem, I've been watching Rail War's this season which was really one of my first experiences with obvious fan service. If it really is not that big a deal maybe i'll watch the a the first episode in both and then decide which one tilts the scales, im just glad im not wasting my time deciding only to find out that the dub is awful
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7