• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Astro Toy: Figma Sonsaku Hakufu

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
giascle

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:26 pm Reply with quote
I like how many figmas you review (only two, I know, but it's two out of four). They're really the only kind of anime merchandise I buy, so it's good to get a full evaluation.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Maybe I haven't really been paying enough attention to this column, but I thought the shoulder joints looked pretty sad compared to other stuff that's been reviewed.
Ongaku_no_tenshi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:03 pm Reply with quote
My guess would be that you posed that figma to imitating Jam Kuradoberi from the Guilty Gear fighting game franchise.
everapril

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Ongaku_no_tenshi wrote:
My guess would be that you posed that figma to imitating Jam Kuradoberi from the Guilty Gear fighting game franchise.

Darn! Beat me to it Wink
21stcenturydigitalboy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Another awesome review of another interesting figma~

By the way, anyone reading, I hate to be an advertiser, but when he mentioned how the figma stands are extremely useful, I had to think back to this project I did, which was 'Lucky Mecha', a battle between Lucky Star figmas and various Revoltech mechs that put the stands to great use. You can see it here, though I warn that it features intense toy violence lol: http://fuzakenna.com/2010/03/04/fuzakenna-productions-presents-lucky-mecha-ultimate-war-image-heavy/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:10 am Reply with quote
21stcenturydigitalboy wrote:

By the way, anyone reading, I hate to be an advertiser, but when he mentioned how the figma stands are extremely useful, I had to think back to this project I did, which was 'Lucky Mecha', a battle between Lucky Star figmas and various Revoltech mechs that put the stands to great use. You can see it here, though I warn that it features intense toy violence lol: http://fuzakenna.com/2010/03/04/fuzakenna-productions-presents-lucky-mecha-ultimate-war-image-heavy/

that's pretty cool, how long did it take to make?
JuicyB

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:51 am Reply with quote

WOW. Shocked Surprised Very Happy
21stcenturydigitalboy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:05 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:

that's pretty cool, how long did it take to make?

12 hours from start to finish, with about 5 of those dedicated to actual posing and picture taking.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
edzieba

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:04 am Reply with quote
He appears to have taken down his youtube page, but a guy formerly known as Plamoo has some interesting ideas for in-camera effects for Gunpla, figmas and the like. His website still has his videos on, and even has a few 'making of' bits.
The Human Spider

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:07 am Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
Maybe I haven't really been paying enough attention to this column, but I thought the shoulder joints looked pretty sad compared to other stuff that's been reviewed.

Compared to other Figmas the shoulder joints are more obvious and exposed, though you can somewhat hide them by forcing the sleeves up and posing her arms foreward(like in the last picture.)
robo-ky

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:53 pm Reply with quote
an ikki tousen toy review and no panty shot?!
stararnold

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:03 am Reply with quote
I bought this figurine at an Anime store during X-Mas month of 2010, and I find this can be used as a manequin for doing fan art drawing of the "Battle Vixens" heroine herself.
Ai no Kareshi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:46 am Reply with quote
Thanks for another interesting and humorous review! Razz

And 21stcenturydigitalboy, those photos were quite entertaining.
Ausdoerrt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:30 am Reply with quote
Boy, do the hand/leg joints look pitiful. Even worse than usual for Figma. It's like they didn't even try. Half-nakkid boobs don't save the figure, imo.

I think I'll stick with Revoltech for female figures.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1