• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Tried and True

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dejiko

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:16 am Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
Squishy Tank, yeah, uh what?

It's classic! In fact, so classic that it's depicted in Super Mario Bros 3 tank area part of world 8 Smile. Look for it on the small map:
http://www.mariomayhem.com/downloads/mario_game_maps/super_mario_bros_3_maps/SuperMarioBros3-World8-TankBrigade1.png

Yes, I feel like a geek...
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:26 pm Reply with quote
So that's why the 'Bayonetta' OST had that track on it. So they created a little retro 'Bayonetta' for fun. Yeah, that would be interesting. If it plays like 'Ghost and Goblins' lard forbid. Hahahaha!!!

Seems the only thing here interesting is 'Death Smiles'. Yes, US gamers never had the chance to experience "bullet hell". I'm talking about an actual release here.
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Of course, if this fake Bayonetta were really faithful to Ghosts 'N Goblins and other hard-as-nails action games of the 1980s, Bayonetta would die after one hit and the whole thing wouldn't be any fun at all.

Actually, if it was really faithful to Ghosts 'N Goblins, her clothes would be destroyed when hit. Strange that they missed the chance to parody this (or rather, to parody Bayonetta by it).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2