• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Adds The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bayoab

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
"print-on-demand" normally refers to books, although I don't know what it would mean here other than perhaps posters or something.
Print-on-demand is what cafepress and others do where you order an item and they print the design on it when you order it. Mugs, shirts, bags, hats, etc can all be print-on-demand.
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:36 pm Reply with quote
vulcanraven01 wrote:
Tbh this season looks to be the worst in a long time in terms of quality series availble.

Rolling Eyes Every season is the "worst in a long time." This is getting old. And like Reibooi pointed out, there are a number of quality shows that are different from what has been coming out lately. This is the first season in a while that the 'worst season' claim is irrefutably wrong.

As for the topic at hand:
I've already seen Haruhi S1 several times (own it on DVD), and the 2nd series is licensed, so it will be on DVD soon. So what need do I have to watch it on CR? None.

I really do hope this is not the cap of their Spring Simulcast...
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:
"The next title for the week is..."

Implying but not strictly stating that is not the last title announcement.

I won't get my hopes up. There might be one more announcement, today, they had two scheduled for today, but it's not looking good. Their Spring 2010 line-up for a while showed 6 spots for new shows, it then went down to 5, then back to 6, but now it's back to 5 with no empty slots. Also after every announcement they'd list the new shows followed by "???" after the last announcement, they didn't do that with Haruhi.

If they only get four new titles for 2010 (or even only five) that'll be a colossal disappointment. They bragged about having 50% of the anime currently airing in Japan two weeks ago, but they've only announced 4 of the34 new titles airing in Japan this season! They're current line-up for Spring 2010 is only 10 currently airing shows, last season it was 16, before that was 20. Last time they did only 10 current titles was summer 09, they're going backwards here.

But I will admit, Haruhi was a big catch for them, I just think it's unfair for them to count it as a new title.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Well that was unexpected but I'm happy since I still haven't seen it.
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:02 pm Reply with quote
I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, I've developed an interest in Heroman, Uraboku looks interesting too. The spin-offs of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya could be fun, I'm also looking forward to season two of TMoHS. On the other hand, there's Senko no Nightraid, Arakawa Under the Bridge, Rainbow, House of Five Leaves, Kaichou wa Maid-sama, Giant Killing, Yojo-han Shinwa Taikei, and Angel Beats! which debuted yet were not licensed. This season seemed much more interesting than the previous yet all that was licensed were a few fan-pandering titles and a title which is already available in Dubbed format. I apoligize for complaining as many others already have and it is most likely agitating for some but I cannot help but feel agitated myself.

Edit: And it appears that my rant was, I am happy to say, in vein. According to CR's website, there are more simulcasts to come (this wasn't technically supposed to count as one). I suppose this is a lesson in not "counting your chickens before they hatch".

Last edited by The Mad Manga Massacre on Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Takeyo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:07 pm Reply with quote
Is anyone else hoping that CR will put up a continuous 24-hour live stream of Endless Eight? Very Happy
garfield15

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:08 pm Reply with quote
the Rancorous wrote:
vulcanraven01 wrote:
Tbh this season looks to be the worst in a long time in terms of quality series availble.

Rolling Eyes Every season is the "worst in a long time." This is getting old. And like Reibooi pointed out, there are a number of quality shows that are different from what has been coming out lately. This is the first season in a while that the 'worst season' claim is irrefutably wrong.

It's like sometimes I wonder "Am I the only one who feels like this is an amazing season." I'm watching and enjoying like 10 shows right now.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Given how Endless Eight was, do they really want this?

Are we really that damn gullible to /pay/ for endless eight?
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Do they think people who will suffer through "Endless Eight" streaming will then go out and buy it? If I were them, I'd want to keep that as secret as possible.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:41 pm Reply with quote
People have already bought the Endless Eight DVDs. I know some of them and the main reason I only have the first volume myself is lack of funds.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Scamp

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Hey cool, Crunchyroll got Angel Beats!

...oh wait never mind, it's just Haruhi Suzumiya
xBTAx

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:15 pm Reply with quote
That's... interesting. I finally got the first season on DVD two days ago, and I do plan on buying the second season, but I wonder how/if this will affect that...
Bored_Ming

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:
Given how Endless Eight was, do they really want this?

Are we really that damn gullible to /pay/ for endless eight?

penguintruth wrote:
Do they think people who will suffer through "Endless Eight" streaming will then go out and buy it? If I were them, I'd want to keep that as secret as possible.

Just because you don't like Endless Eight does not mean everyone else has to not like it. Liking something different does not make someone gullible or stupid. I liked Endless Eight and would not mind owning it or watching it LEGALLY. I'm going to assume that most Haruhi fans in the US have already watched the pirated fansubbed versions of season 2. Therefore I don't see how Endless Eight is any kind of secret.
sdhd

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Have the R1 dvds.

Last edited by sdhd on Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:01 am; edited 3 times in total
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Zilan wrote:
epic fail Crunchyroll

Indeed. Endless Eight was absolutely terrible and was not worth the wait at all. Seriously, this season has immense potential, yet went another route. Repeating itself eight times, which if you ask me is very much pointless.

If you've seen the first episode once or twice, you've basically seen the second season. In the last nine years of watching anime, I've never seen that happen or even heard about that happening.

I am not sure Kyoani decided to go this route, but I do know that they sure have angered an entire Haruhi fanbase.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3