• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Comic Ranking, May 31-June 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xScar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Aw, One Piece v58 sold about 100,000 copies less in the first week than v57. Thought it was going to continue to rise. Guess v57 had something major in it (I only follow the anime D=).

Still find it funny how it can still sell 1.1 million more than another of the "leading" shonen series out there. Such a huge difference.

At least Vagabond is still somewhere up there. Inoue is one of my favorite current mangaka in the working. He should be getting covered with more awards than something like the Japan Basketball Association gave him. His art... is just in a league of it's own, and is not just an accompaniment to the story like so many series out there are. His art and writings skills both flow into one amazing piece of literature.
RestLessone

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:30 pm Reply with quote
I hope a company licenses I Am a Hero. The title itself holds a certain amount of emotion, and the overall plot is interesting.
Jaymie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:33 pm Reply with quote
I think it's because this month has a bunch of new volumes, so there's less of a rush to buy One Piece this time. Only going down by 100k is decent though.
RiDeLub

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Well to be fair the OP volume release date was at 4th June so it's actually 1.58M volumes in 3 days (one day less than vol 56 March release).
MetatronM

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:04 am Reply with quote
RiDeLub wrote:
Well to be fair the OP volume release date was at 4th June so it's actually 1.58M volumes in 3 days (one day less than vol 56 March release).

Yup.

I'm pretty sure it was announced that One Piece 58's first print run is 3.1 million, which I think was .1 million more than 57. I might be wrong, though.

This whole arc's numbers are just generally going to be insane, though. Volume 59, which should cover the conclusion of the arc (and possibly start the arc that is currently about to wrap up in SJ), will probably be the biggest of the bunch.
smokes

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:22 am Reply with quote
volume 58 sold 1.5 in 2 DAYS only

thats awesome
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:11 am Reply with quote
A slight rise for Bleach, but I was hoping the Yamamoto stuff would maybe push it to a 500K on it's first week. Oh well, it'll be hanging on the list for a few weeks anyway.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1