• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
More Jojo licensed by Viz and Aya Kanno!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:49 pm Reply with quote
http://www.amazon.com/JoJos-Bizarre-Adventures-Phantom-Blood--Part/dp/1421578794/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1402421963&sr=8-3&keywords=jojo+phantom+blood

[url]http://www.amazon.com/Requiem-Rose-King-Vol-1/dp/1421567784/ref=sr_1_24?ie=UTF8&qid=1402422361&sr=8-24&keywords=Aya+Kanno
[/url]

No one seems to be reporting about it so just though it might be worth mentioning that Viz seems to have picked up at least part 1 of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure as well as a manga adapting a Shakespeare play.
lys

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Whoa! It feels like we don't get as many Amazon license-reveals these days (I think it happened more often with Tokyopop and CMX titles). Exciting! I just read the last two volumes of Otomen, so I'm eager to check out her take on a rather different sort of story :) Thanks for sharing—now we wait for official confirmation...
yomanffgg

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:59 pm Reply with quote
That good news, I hope they pal to release other series simultaneously
st_owly

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:28 pm Reply with quote
I really like Aya Kanno, so I'll definitely get Requiem of the Rose King. For a shojo artist, her art is very "cool" especially in Blank Slate.
perroloco

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:53 am Reply with quote
Yeah.. I had already sent the news to ANN some days ago, strange they haven't reported it, perhaps they are waiting for confirmation?
doomydoomdoom

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:55 am Reply with quote
JESUS CHRIST WHAT!??? (obviously referring to Jojo, not interested in the rest)

My heart almost burst; but the Amazon page is dead. It does seem too good to be true; but looks like it was leaked and Viz is trying to cover it up for numerous obvious reasons; this is BIG news. But that DESCRIPTION! AND a release date! From the "new cover art" line, it sounds like they got Jojonium??? Or maybe they'll be using just the Jojonium covers? Seems to me that lovely price is a little cheap (NOT COMPLAINING!) for Jojonium...but for 1 volume that sounds about right I guess...waiting with baited breath for more news, however long I have to wait...

EDIT: Leaving above message, but never mind, JOJO CONFIRMED! CHAMPAGNE, I NEED CHAMPAGNE! Set corks to POP!!!
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:22 am Reply with quote
Redirect to the Talkback thread, since it will get more traffic.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1