• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Dance in the Vampire Bund Episodes 1-12 Streaming

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
configspace

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Well, unless Nozomu Tamaki comes forward and says why he decided to make Mina a loli, all we have is speculation. Personally, I find it an interesting choice simply from the juxtaposition of having a incredibly powerful monster looking like a cute little girl. So you have her spoiler[ordering the kidnapping of the PM's grandson] in one scene and her happily skipping rope with some kids in another. Plus, I enjoy the comedy of her quasi-romantic overtures to Akira, who, in that context, is very uncomfortable with her child appearance. It's also interesting to have Akiyuki Shinbo involved to contrast this particular vampire girl premise with Moonphase.

I also think the choice is really one of intentional cognitive dissonance. And it's not like a loli was thrown in for no good reason; the story is built around her residing in her particular human body.
Pocky Monster

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 5:20 pm Reply with quote
The manga is far superior (in my opinion), but nonetheless, I enjoyed the anime adaption of Dance in the Vampire Bund.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3