• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kodomo no Jikan Anime's Return Announced

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Kodomo No Jikan >>> Epic Victory.

I Highly enjoy this show/Manga. I don't give a damn what people say. If it got Licensed I will be at the store day 1. But there is NO WAY IN HELL that this show will get Licensed. Come on think about it, (For those who read the Manga if the Anime follows it, then the Loli masturbation is enough to raise the White,Red,Blue and Green flag... This show needs to stay in Japan and we just need to settle for Edited and unedited Fansubs..... Because this would easily be to much for America to handle..... (Unless its released by like Media Blasters Subtitled only).... Anyway I look forward to this new season. I hope its a OVA so I don't gotta deal with censers.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
NGK

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:26 pm Reply with quote
[quote="sailorsean"][quote="PetrifiedJello"]

Quote:
There is a scene in the uncut version Strike Witches where all of the girls are in the bath and you can clearly see them naked, nipples and all. especially token

You must have watched fan-made version (yes it does exist)

Quote:
lolis such as Francesca Lucchini, who is 12 years old by the way.

now your making stuff up!
their age is NOT mentioned in this show or in any other publications at all!
jenthehen

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Ojamajo LimePie wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:
Pardon my ignorance, but the girls in KnJ are not 11, or 12, but 8-year-olds, so who's deluding who?

The story has gone on long enough that they're 11 in current manga chapters. The main point of the series is to portray how the girls mature emotionally during their adolescence.

Exactly. Aside from titillating some pervs with some fanservice, the STORY is actually about coming of age / sexual maturation of adolescent girls. I WAS one. We DID discuss sex / were curious about sex / had crushes on teachers when we were 9-12. Many girls explore their bodies then, too - and deal with the same issues of humiliation and confusion. It's actually a really unique and interesting manga.

However ... I feel like it's turned into Inuyasha/Nana/*insert manga here that never ends and just goes and goes and goes w/ nothing happening for chapters and chapters* ... I have a feeling her editor is pushing her to keep it going since it's obviously popular. Razz blah.
NGK

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:16 pm Reply with quote
her manga is NOT profitable

it only comes out ONCE a month AND it's only bought by niche audiences
LemonCookies

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 12:27 am Reply with quote
Awesome news. At least for fans of the series like myself. I imagine all the uptight moralists aren't too happy about it, though.

Last edited by LemonCookies on Tue May 11, 2010 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
malik_chan

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 12:28 am Reply with quote
Ojamajo LimePie wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:
Pardon my ignorance, but the girls in KnJ are not 11, or 12, but 8-year-olds, so who's deluding who?

The story has gone on long enough that they're 11 in current manga chapters. The main point of the series is to portray how the girls mature emotionally during their adolescence.

From my understanding, it started when Rin was 8 and she's 9 now, not 11, since she's only in 3rd grade.
Haterater

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 12:53 am Reply with quote
She's at least ten now since her 10th birthday was celebrated, but that's for manga, not sure for anime.
TiredGamer

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 1:53 am Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
tiredgamer wrote:
DmonHiro wrote:
Forgot to mention: in before the "I can't believe this shit gets another season any my favorite shows does not" people.

*list removed*

There, that should cover it all. Wink

Your list, it makes no sense. Half that stuff has sequels, and half doesn't. What are you getting at?

It's a trap.

Otaking09 wrote:
Quote:
Code Geass (Lelouch is really still alive, really!)

Uh... no he's not. Goro said that in a press anouncement.
Why can't fans simply accept his death? Fans accepted L's death in Death Note.
While I sympathize for his request for sequel series, but even IF his wishes were granted, it's HIGHLY doubtful they'd get treated with love over here...
It's time to make peace with what's available right now, and to enjoy what we can! And if, by chance, there's NOTHING out there for you (that means you too Zac!), open your minds and try to see how what's enjoyable for others aren't for you.

It's not enough to just complain about dissatisfaction. Just... watch something!

Sarcasm fail. Sad
4nBlue

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 2:22 am Reply with quote
NGK wrote:
her manga is NOT profitable

it only comes out ONCE a month AND it's only bought by niche audiences

Do you have some numbers to support this claim, because I can't see a manga with several anime and 50000+ sales in two weeks as unprofitable. Sure it comes out once a month, most manga I read come out monthly. Sure it's bought by niche audience, but this niche audience is full of people ready to spend 100$ on the newest Rin figure.

I read three chapters of the manga, and that was enough for me, so I will not be watching this.
Annf

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 2:37 am Reply with quote
DVD-only, huh...grr...wonder how long till we see comics with BDs attached.

Oh, well. KnJ is grandfathered in as an exception to my "no longer buy DVDs (at Japanese prices)" policy, so I'm in till the end regardless. At least comics-attached OVAs cost half as much as stand-alone OVAs.
sadkingbilly

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 2:47 am Reply with quote
Quote:
-edit- wrong quote. I meant the one about them being 11-12 at the moment

Thanks, of course that's what I meant. When the story started the kids were about 8-9 (grade 3), at that time Rin was the only one actually being aware of what her body was capable of. Lately, in the manga Mimi is starting to develop mentally too. The fact Rin is so precoucious might have something to do with what se said to Aoki about "not being as pure as he thought she was", so she might be sexually abused before.

Still, the way I look at this series hasn't changed. The story is about physical and mental development in all aspects, there's nothing weird or wrong in a child's sexuality as long as adults treat it for what it is - a very important part of its development and education - and not riddle the child with guilt about it. Sure way to create another f*cked up adult.

The people bashing this series are - in my eyes - very insecure about their own sexuality and mental health so they need to argument and befoul everything that doesn't resemble their view of what's "normal". Sorry to say, americans with their church-bound indoctrination are especially good in this.

Last edited by sadkingbilly on Tue May 11, 2010 3:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 2:55 am Reply with quote
sadkingbilly wrote:
at that time Rin was the only one actually being aware of what her body was capable of.

Quote:

The people bashing this series are - in my eyes - very insecure about their own sexuality and mental health so they need to argument and befoul everything that doesn't resemble their view of what's "normal". Sorry to say, americans with their church-bound indoctrination are especially good in this.

Congrats, you're now as condescending, pretentious and judgmental about this show as its harshest critics are.

And I include myself in that group, just fyi!
sadkingbilly

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 3:08 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Congrats, you're now as condescending, pretentious and judgmental about this show as its harshest critics are.

/care. Really.

And I'm not being judgemental about this show, I'm being judgemental (and very, very correct) about the most hypocritical country on this planet.
RestLessone

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 5:15 am Reply with quote
sadkingbilly wrote:
Quote:

/care. Really.

And I'm not being judgemental about this show, I'm being judgemental (and very, very correct) about the most hypocritical country on this planet.

...Canada?

Glad to see you're automatically assuming everyone who dislikes this is from the same country! And that everyone from that country has the same exact views and are all hypocrites! Now, how about judging people on a personal level rather than by a mass stereotype?

Anyway, I think people have a problem with this because Rin's sexuality isn't just "growing up" and none of the psychological problems are really addressed. And the adults are utterly incompetent in correcting these behaviors. Now, I'll admit that I don't read KnJ and have no intention to, but these are what people are criticizing it for (how does anyone have a right to tell them these views are judgmental and misplaced?). You may think that, because Rin is a child, no one is reading this to ogle Rin and her friends or watch her go after her teacher. But even the fans (for the story) are able to admit that that's incorrect.

EDIT:
After I typed this, I realized people might not take my sarcasm about Canada, but didn't have access to a computer...Anyway, the reason I stated "Canada" was because of the general impression/stereotype (where I live) that they stay out of controversial affairs. I was playing on that stereotype, and nothing more ^^

Last edited by RestLessone on Tue May 11, 2010 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ian K

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:17 am Reply with quote
@Zac

You just made my day.

@sadkingbilly

I'll have you know that America was ranked 5th on the Gallup hypocricy poll behind China, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, and Texas (they kept insisting they be counted seperately). Do the research next time.

Anyways, my opposition to KNJ is not because it depicts children as sexual creatures. It's because it encourages pedophilic fantasies by begging readers to get off to pictures of sexualized children. One could argue that it helps foster a better 'understanding of what sexual awakening in minors is like', but that doesn't change the fact that any good points are drowned in underage fanservice. Look at the marketing for the franchise - it's obvious they aren't counting on people buying this for the story.

It would probably be too much to say that reading KNJ causes acts of pedophilia - but can one deny that it encourages irresponsible behavior? A girl hits on a teacher, and the teacher comes to develop feelings of some sort for her. The responsible thing for an adult to do in such a situation is to remove themselves from it - but the series finds excuses for the teacher to stay with Rin, so that it can continue to create hilarious scenes of Rin sexually harassing her teacher, and to up the romantic tension between the two. Just because middle aged perverts are so well trained by Japanese society that they will (probably) never act on pedophilic desires, does that mean they should be encouraged to fantasize about kids?

Lastly, I object to your accusation that I am insecure about my sexuality and mental health. My imaginary friend Bibbles the Clown has assured me on multiple occasions that my girlfriend-less state is entirely due to environmental factors beyond my control.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10