• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kodomo no Jikan Anime's Return Announced

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:26 am Reply with quote
sadkingbilly wrote:
Quote:
Congrats, you're now as condescending, pretentious and judgmental about this show as its harshest critics are.

And I include myself in that group, just fyi!

/care. Really.

And I'm not being judgemental about this show, I'm being judgemental (and very, very correct) about the most hypocritical country on this planet.
Nice way to treat one of the countries that saved your parents, or grandparents sorry arses from German slavery during WW2. Just because your ethnic attitude is so care free with regards to children's health and safety doesn't mean the rest of the world is a bunch of hypocrates because they're not. May I remind you that Europe is regarded as no safer a place in the world for children than anywhere else, with so many unsolved child abductions, and disappearances and an institutionalised lazé fare approach, and endemic corruption with duplicity towards investigations, the open case of Madeleine McCann being a prime example of just one of many. so you've nought to boost.
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 12:01 pm Reply with quote
lunaitc wrote:
luffypirate85 wrote:
luffypirate85s fansub return announced.

You b@stard! If you do that, this series will never be licensed! Razz

No kidding. this is why I do not like fansubs nor illegal streaming sites and why Bang Zoom's CEO is threatning not to do any dubs anymore. Stupid fool.

Mario1234567 wrote:
Kodomo No Jikan >>> Epic Victory.

I Highly enjoy this show/Manga. I don't give a damn what people say. If it got Licensed I will be at the store day 1. But there is NO WAY IN HELL that this show will get Licensed. Come on think about it, (For those who read the Manga if the Anime follows it, then the Loli masturbation is enough to raise the White,Red,Blue and Green flag... This show needs to stay in Japan and we just need to settle for Edited and unedited Fansubs..... Because this would easily be to much for America to handle..... (Unless its released by like Media Blasters Subtitled only).... Anyway I look forward to this new season. I hope its a OVA so I don't gotta deal with censers.

Either way.

I really really hope that the series finally gets licensed for the US ,alongs as Section 23/Sentai Filmworks or Right Stuff/Nozumi Animation dont get it cause it'll mean it WILL DEFINATELY gets the sub only treatment.

Also Mario123456, I am 50/50 about Media Blasters. They might give the same treatment ala Sentai , however they did give a dub version to Ikkitousen as well as Queens Blade. If the do license it I really hope and pray they give it a dub version.

my best guess that FUNI will eventually get the license.

After all they did license Strike Witches.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 12:19 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
lunaitc wrote:
luffypirate85 wrote:
luffypirate85s fansub return announced.

You b@stard! If you do that, this series will never be licensed! Razz

No kidding. this is why I do not like fansubs nor illegal streaming sites and why Bang Zoom's CEO is threatning not to do any dubs anymore. Stupid fool.

Either way. I really really hope that the series finally gets licensed for the US ,alongs as Section 23/Sentai don't get it cause it'll mean it gets the sub only treatment. my guess that Funi will eventually get the license cause after all they did license Strike Witches .

Funi wouldn't touch this with a 100ft pole. Sure Funi licensed Strike Witches, but SW is not as controversial as KnJ is. I'm still saying that any chances of KnJ getting an R1 release is all but nil. Even if someone would take the chance of licensing the show, no B&M store would even want to stock it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Zac gets points for referencing The Big Lebowski.
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 1:08 pm Reply with quote
asimpson2006 wrote:

Funi wouldn't touch this with a 100ft pole. Sure Funi licensed Strike Witches, but SW is not as controversial as KnJ is. I'm still saying that any chances of KnJ getting an R1 release is all but nil. Even if someone would take the chance of licensing the show, no B&M store would even want to stock it.

come on. you really think that any B&M would not stock it? Not even I would think that'll happen. Also i have heard about the differences with kodomo no jikan and strike witches but anything's possible even that. and if not them , then probably bandai. Sure MB would make the obivious choice but i am realy afraid there gonna give it the sentai treatment.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Myaow

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Media Blasters won't release it. Why, there aren't any boobs in it, you silly goose!
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
Nice way to treat one of the countries that saved your parents, or grandparents sorry arses from German slavery during WW2.

Ooohhh, we're doing unlimited historical credit now? Okay, fine -- I'm not sure where in England you live, but if you happen to live in the Danelaw, I'd like about a thousand years of back taxes, thank you. I'll take Paypal.

Also, stop patting yourself on the back for something your parents' or grandparents' generation achieved -- if they even fought. Taking personal credit for someone else's work... well, there's a word for that.

- abunai
Before you try that tack, yes, my family fought. But that's beside the point -- which is that your entire post was ad hominem crap.

Last edited by abunai on Tue May 11, 2010 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 1:18 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
asimpson2006 wrote:

come on. you really think that any B&M would not stock it? Not even I would think that'll happen. Also i have heard about the differences with kodomo no jikan and strike witches but anything's possible even that. and if not them , then probably bandai. Sure MB would make the obivious choice but i am realy afraid there gonna give it the sentai treatment.

Considering what happened with the manga version of KnJ coming over the US, that's what leads me to believe that, though the manga is more shocking at times than the anime.

Now the only way I would see the B&M stores having it, is if the "TV version" was licensed and not the uncensored version.

Bandai wouldn't touch it, this is not there thing. IF it would get a license it would be either MB or Sentai. If Nozomi got into fan service or controversial shows then I could see them even licensing this.

EDIT:

I've said all I want to say about this subject so count this as my last point for this topic.
The_Q

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
Pardon my ignorance, but the girls in KnJ are not 11, or 12, but 8-year-olds, so who's deluding who? Most "normal" 8-year-olds are more fascinated with, bugs, bowl movements, and boggers, than sex. I should know, I had two of them. Also I want to know the same answer too. Why would anyone in their right mind look lewdly at the naked body of a 11- or 12 year old girl, or boy, or a child of any age for that matter?

Don't forget, kids who lose a parent, especially at a young age, tend to be a bit more...messed up.

Quote:
now your making stuff up!
their age is NOT mentioned in this show or in any other publications
at all!

You, good sir, are a liar.

In the official strike witches fanbook, they give a synopsis of the series, cast interview, ect. In this official book, they also state the official bio, officially. Now, in this official book, they also state typical stats that are very common with most series. And, sure enough, Lucchini's age is...12.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
Nice way to treat one of the countries that saved your parents, or grandparents sorry arses from German slavery during WW2.

Not that I want to turn this thread into a history lesson, but if we are going to express gratitude, let's not forget Mother Russia. I'm sure the Western Allies would have prevailed without her, but there is no question that having the Germans helpfully shove themselves into the Russian meat-grinder speeded things up.

On topic comment: Stalin probably would have liquidated anybody who tried to start up a Komodo no Jikan style publication.
4nBlue

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
This kind of thinking would require me to be thankful to both Bolsheviks and Nazis for Finland's indepence, so I'm not that big fan of this way of thinking.
sailorsean

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 2:03 pm Reply with quote
[quote="NGK"][quote="sailorsean"]
PetrifiedJello wrote:

Quote:
There is a scene in the uncut version Strike Witches where all of the girls are in the bath and you can clearly see them naked, nipples and all. especially token

You must have watched fan-made version (yes it does exist)

Quote:
lolis such as Francesca Lucchini, who is 12 years old by the way.

their age is NOT mentioned in this show or in any other publications at all!

What are you talking about? I have the complete OFFICIAL Strike Witches First Season DVD Box-Set Series in which Funimation released, and I watched it without ever seeing the edited T.V. Broadcast Version. And also what is this fan-made version you speak of? I've never heard of a fan-made version of Strike Witches? Also, why is there even a need for a fan-made version anyway? The show has more than enough fan-service, so I don't get that.

Also, as The_Q stated, I am not lying about Lucchini's age being at 12.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 2:32 pm Reply with quote
[quote="sailorsean"][quote="NGK"]
sailorsean wrote:
PetrifiedJello wrote:

Quote:
There is a scene in the uncut version Strike Witches where all of the girls are in the bath and you can clearly see them naked, nipples and all. especially token

You must have watched fan-made version (yes it does exist)

Quote:
lolis such as Francesca Lucchini, who is 12 years old by the way.

their age is NOT mentioned in this show or in any other publications at all!

What are you talking about? I have the complete OFFICIAL Strike Witches First Season DVD Box-Set Series in which Funimation released, and I watched it without ever seeing the edited T.V. Broadcast Version. And also what is this fan-made version you speak of? I've never heard of a fan-made version of Strike Witches? Also, why is there even a need for a fan-made version anyway? The show has more than enough fan-service, so I don't get that.

Also, as The_Q stated, I am not lying about Lucchini's age being at 12.

I know I said I wouldn't respond anymore to this topic, but I have to talk about this, since I have seen this as well. A fansub group took the censor steam away from Episode 7, and with the use of digital paint, made some of the girls anatomically correct in some of the scenes. Now I love SW, but seeing that super UNCUT episode made me felt like a police car was pulling into the driveway at my house every time I would watch those parts.
sailorsean

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 2:41 pm Reply with quote
asimpson2006 wrote:
I know I said I wouldn't respond anymore to this topic, but I have to talk about this, since I have seen this as well. A fansub group took the censor steam away from Episode 7, and with the use of digital paint, made some of the girls anatomically correct in some of the scenes. Now I love SW, but seeing that super UNCUT episode made me felt like a police car was pulling into the driveway at my house every time I would watch those parts.

Haaa... That makes perfect sense! Laughing
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 2:42 pm Reply with quote
sailorsean wrote:
asimpson2006 wrote:

Haaa... That makes perfect sense! Laughing

I mean you still see some stuff in the regular version of the episodes, but just the upper torso of the girls nothing below.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10