• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Media Blasters Starts Streaming on Revamped Website

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msgundam2

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:46 am Reply with quote
The thing about Queen's Blade is that all of the Japanese dub cast are famous VAs. But in the English VAs are mostly rookies with QB being their first production.
So its hard for me to enjoy the Eng dub when the Japanese Dub has Aya Hirano and Rie Kugimiya.
merr

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 12:38 pm Reply with quote
msgundam2 wrote:
The thing about Queen's Blade is that all of the Japanese dub cast are famous VAs. But in the English VAs are mostly rookies with QB being their first production.
So its hard for me to enjoy the Eng dub when the Japanese Dub has Aya Hirano and Rie Kugimiya.

If you actually listen to the dub, you'll realize a lot of the actors are ones who've been doing work since the original Pokemon dub. They're all just using fake names due to the content of the show.
DrizzlingEnthalpy

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:21 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
DrizzlingEnthalpy wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
And from what I can tell, neither Kanokon or Queen's Blade will contain the specials.
Probably so they can be sold in stores without being shrinkwrapped and hidden in the back.
The specials provide the goods that the shows hint at throughout, they're vital. Since they're targeting these at a demographic, they're missing a key component of the marketability.
I completely agree, but getting a retailer to actually carry it in an easy-to-find place is a big part of marketability as well. Examples in my are that would apply to are FYE (before it went out of business), Movie Trading Company (locked cabinet in the back), and Wal*Mart (would refuse to sell it at all). Plus considering the Dance of the Vampire Bund censorship thing, there seems to be concern about distributing lolismut.
Annf wrote:
In QB's case, there's nothing in the mini-OVAs you can't see in the main show. (Kanokon is a little different, though...)
I was mainly referring to Kanokon. I've seen practically nothing of Queen's Blade.
configspace

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:13 pm Reply with quote
merr wrote:
msgundam2 wrote:

If you actually listen to the dub, you'll realize a lot of the actors are ones who've been doing work since the original Pokemon dub. They're all just using fake names due to the content of the show.

really? .. i don't see anything that would harm their careers or reputation, especially if they are veteran VAs.

WRT to the dubs themselves, man, I just couldn't stand them here..

jr0904 wrote:
mozychan wrote:
when are they going to load the videos on crunchyroll? ....or the other channels.

-moose

but if they do, they always have them with ads. at least on the website there's no ads. i got them on dvd and i recomend it for any and all fanservice junkies. and i'm already gonnna preorder kanokon.

They might use CR for the sub version

DrizzlingEnthalpy wrote:
I completely agree, but getting a retailer to actually carry it in an easy-to-find place is a big part of marketability as well. Examples in my are that would apply to are FYE (before it went out of business), Movie Trading Company (locked cabinet in the back), and Wal*Mart (would refuse to sell it at all). Plus considering the Dance of the Vampire Bund censorship thing, there seems to be concern about distributing lolismut.
Annf wrote:
In QB's case, there's nothing in the mini-OVAs you can't see in the main show. (Kanokon is a little different, though...)
I was mainly referring to Kanokon. I've seen practically nothing of Queen's Blade.

I would be surprised if they omitted the Kanokon specials (we already know QB will retain them). Funi's Bund (non)controversy is just Funi being Funi. In terms of the max level of risque-ness, it doesn't really go beyond what's already scattered throughout the show. It's just much more concentrated. As far as retailers go, wait people still buy in B&M stores? Laughing Anyways I know Fry's will put these titles on their shelves in their anime section without issues.
doubleO7

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:41 pm Reply with quote
DrizzlingEnthalpy wrote:
I completely agree, but getting a retailer to actually carry it in an easy-to-find place is a big part of marketability as well. Examples in my are that would apply to are FYE (before it went out of business), Movie Trading Company (locked cabinet in the back), and Wal*Mart (would refuse to sell it at all). Plus considering the Dance of the Vampire Bund censorship thing, there seems to be concern about distributing lolismut

I think you meant Suncoast, not FYE. They haven't gone out of business, in fact theres still an FYE in my local mall. And I was there just recently.
mozychan

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:41 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
mozychan wrote:
when are they going to load the videos on crunchyroll? ....or the other channels.

-moose

but if they do, they always have them with ads. at least on the website there's no ads. i got them on dvd and i recomend it for any and all fanservice junkies. and i'm already gonnna preorder kanokon.

i don't get ads on CR... one benefit of the membership u know.

and i received kanokon in the mail a week ago even though it gets released tomorrow Cool

-moose
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2