• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds Black Butler/Kuroshitsuji TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Hahahaha! I figured a company was gonna license it sooner or later, but I didn't expect FUNimation! I am SO telling my friends Alex and Miki about this tomorrow in history class (they're avid Kuroshitsuji fans)!
Reibooi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:13 pm Reply with quote
I was watching the online panel because i really had nothing better to do and they said they had a surprise. I didn't believe but I guess they were telling the truth.

This excites me because if they were willing to unveil this on a online panel they must have some great stuff to unveil at the cons coming up.
Jaymie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:14 pm Reply with quote
OMG YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In before "WAAAH THE DUBZ RNT BRITISH IM GONNA GO COMPLAINZ NOW".

Last edited by Jaymie on Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:19 pm; edited 5 times in total
Starre257

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:16 pm Reply with quote
So~ excited for this! <3

I was watching the panel, then my browser crashed as they started playing the OP... but I don't care, I'm on a fangirl high.
yamiangie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:17 pm Reply with quote
I think someone wanted to cosplay and they had to give us something new licenced
LeanGreen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:18 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering whether they would make any big announcements at the online panel. I'm thinking that they saw the ridiculously good manga sales for Black Butler and said "hey we better jump on this thing quick". I can't blame them, though.

After watching So-ra-no-wo-to, I'm interested to see if the animation quality in this anime is as good. I remember catching an episode or two way back when it was first airing, but I don't remember the quality being so great. I got sort of bored with the content after all of those annoying domestic servant characters popped up. Sebastian was pretty cool, though. I remember him fighting with forks.
keikanna44

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:23 pm Reply with quote
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!

*I'm so happy* Very Happy

WAY TO GO FUNIMATION! LOOKING FORWARD TO IT! Laughing
Netstryke

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:25 pm Reply with quote
FINALLY!

I was wondering when someone would pick this title up.
einhorn303

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Ah well. For me it's another "Funimation licenses some fujoshi stuff I couldn't care less about" after Hetalia being their pre-eminent title earlier.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:42 pm Reply with quote
It sounds OK. I'll wait until they put up some dubbed streams down the road before I make any buying decisions.

Quote:
I remember him fighting with forks.

I like the sound of this.

Last edited by The King of Harts on Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
joystick1101

you just kno they'll cast Brina Palencia as Ciel. tats just my prediction.
hikaru004

Yippeee!!!!

Thanks FUNimation. Very Happy
Jaymie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:50 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
It sounds OK. I'll wait until they put up some dubbed streams down the road before I make any buying decisions.

Quote:

"Fighting with forks" is an understatement. The man single-handedly destroys the Italian Mafia using nothing but tupperware.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Jaymie wrote:
The King of Harts wrote:

Quote:

"Fighting with forks" is an understatement. The man single-handedly destroys the Italian Mafia using nothing but tupperware.

Oh yeah. Now I'm very interested.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dark Paladin X

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Holy <insert>! Thanks Funimation! And if you get around dubbing Black Butler/Kuroshitsuji, PLEASE get Johnny Yong Bosch to voice Sebastian Michaelis if you guys plan to dub the series (along with America for Axis Powers Hetalia if you guys plan to dub this series). Well, Funimation don't have to get JYB to voice this character, but it would be a dream come true.

I wonder who is going to voice Ciel Phantomhive for the dub. I'm guessing Greg Ayres may be a good choice. Mainly because he normally voices characters that are around early to mid-teens (like Yuri Lowenthal). Although I could say Greg Ayres is less typecasted than Yuri.

Bit off-topic: I originally thought up of Greg Cipes as Ciel Phantomhive, but since Funimation licensed the series know, the chances is now very slim. In fact, having Greg Cipes getting into anime VA is highly unrealistic at all. Mainly because anime VA industry would more likely to favor VA with great vocal range (like Michelle Ruff, Steven Blum, Kari Wahlgren) than those who have a limited one (like Greg Cipes where most of his voice acting have some sort of rasp). Heck, I think Taylor-san have better potential for anime VA than Greg Cipes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4