• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bandai Entertainment Adds Haruhi-chan, Churuya-san

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reibooi

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:06 am Reply with quote
Rinkwolf wrote:
Reibooi wrote:
These are 2 things I'm really interested in how the dubs turn out. I really don't know if they can possible do all the craziness better then the Japanese did and still have it be funny. That said I can't wait to hear it.

I also hope their other license is K-ON! however when I brought that up in the Bang Zoom podcast thread everyone basically said I was a moron and there was no way that's what it was. Most seem to think it's Summer Wars despite rumors running rampant that Funi has already licensed Summer Wars. Either way one can hope.

Well, lets keep in mind that there is a dub for Excel Saga and that turned out better then the sub. So, I'm sure they can make this happen.

Also, does anyone else get the feeling that this is a All of Nothing Last attempt by Bandia? I mean just not long ago they were releasing little to nothing and half their stuff is sub only.
I mean, come on, is it too much to ask for a dub for Hayate the Combate Butler. I know it would sell really well hear with a dub, but maybe it sells very well in sub only just because it's such an awesome show and the funniest show of 2007. The second funniest show of 2007 is My Bride is a Mermaid and that one is getting a dub. So, why not this?

Indeed Excel Saga did do the crazy comedy really well and I 100% agree the dub was MUCH better then the subs on that show(it's one of my favorite dubs of all time as a matter of fact)

The thing that worries me is when they cast the haruhi Dub they didn't know there would be a over the top fast paced comedy coming and the actors(as awesome as they are) Are not exactly known for doing insane comedy.

Perhaps it's because I have already seen all of Haruhi-chan in Japanese(something I didn't do for the series proper) and I can't look past how funny the Japanese was. I really do hope the dub is great because it would add alot to the show.

I REALLY wanna see if Bridget Hoffman is playing Asakura in Haruhi Chan. She is one of my favorite voice actresses and I would LOVE to see what she does in a super deformed show. I have never heard her even try anything like that.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:45 pm Reply with quote
What is it with Asakura and grilled cheese?
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Ktimene's Lover wrote:
What is it with Asakura and grilled cheese?

This video should help illustrate the awesomeness of a grilled cheese sandwich.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-AFXMgKiOE
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Reibooi wrote:

I REALLY wanna see if Bridget Hoffman is playing Asakura in Haruhi Chan. She is one of my favorite voice actresses and I would LOVE to see what she does in a super deformed show. I have never heard her even try anything like that.

I'm really looking forward to what they do there, too.
Pocky Monster

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Yay!!! I was waiting for them to pick up Haruhi-chan and Churuya-san <3

Please let the unknown license be K-On! *crosses fingers*
YoSoyJaponesa

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Too bad about Bandai though....did they have Code Geass? Because I've been meaning to buy it...

But on the plus side, if the dvd's for Haruhi-chan have the whole series dubbed for 30 bucks, I'll grab it!
<3
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4