• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Expo to Host Black Lagoon Creator, 3rd Anime's Debut

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oneeyedjacks

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Sweet! Wish I could be there.
Pandadice

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 7:30 pm Reply with quote
seriously? it's based off of that ridiculous terminator-maid? I was actually looking forward to more Black Lagoon. But the fact it's based around that maid has killed any interest I had in it.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully Funimation licenses this in the near future. A blu-ray would be great Smile.
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 7:37 pm Reply with quote
correct me if I'm wrong but did it say World Premier. Does that mean there is a chance it is going to be dubbed? Just wishful thinking. Razz
Jara_

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 7:57 pm Reply with quote
yep roberta-arc is stupid and boring Sad After that new arc is looking better again. Hopefully that and next ones too getting animated at somepoint.
Reibooi

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:16 pm Reply with quote
I really hope funi licenses this but at the same time if they don't bring back the original English cast then it's probably no deal for me. The English dub for the first 2 seasons is nearly flawless and I wouldn't accept a new cast.
ScrappedAeon

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Reibooi wrote:
I really hope funi licenses this but at the same time if they don't bring back the original English cast then it's probably no deal for me. The English dub for the first 2 seasons is nearly flawless and I wouldn't accept a new cast.

I completely agree. Black Lagoon is god-tier dub.
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Reibooi wrote:

I completely agree, and I think Funimation knows this all too well. So they will bring back the original cast.

Also, having a different cast for this is like having a different cast for Full Metal Panic, School Rumble, Full Metal Alchemist, Dragon Ball Z, it's just not imaginable.
John Casey

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Pandadice wrote:
seriously? it's based off of that ridiculous terminator-maid? I was actually looking forward to more Black Lagoon. But the fact it's based around that maid has killed any interest I had in it.

Uh...you do realize she's a central character for a very long-standing arc in the manga, don't you?

The third season, or whatever, is an adaptation of the El Baile De La Muerte storyline. Just like how majority of the Second Barrage focused around Yukio and Ginji.
braves

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Encyclopedic nerd coincidence: I actually added all of the credits that are on the page right now (except for Hiroe) for this OVA just this morning. I tried to submit this pic, but I just couldn't get it to appear without the white borders on the left and right. And can someone please take out that ridiculous excuse for a "plot summary"? Thanks.
----
Yeah, I really doubt this is going to be dubbed. At least I believe that FUNi will be able to get this out there faster than, say, Hellsing Ultimate. Looking forward to it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Sigh again some where I cant go to but I hope Funi. gets this on
TJ_Kat

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:37 pm Reply with quote
i'm looking forward to fabiola. she's adorable... in the most psychopathic way possible.
AnnoyedWabbit

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:36 am Reply with quote
Pandadice wrote:

That is pretty much exactly what I thought. I haven't read the manga, but the maid arc was probably my least favorite arc of the anime.
TwEeD

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:43 am Reply with quote
"El Baile de la Muerte" was tedious in manga form but I have high hopes on the anime adaption. There are many good scenes in that story (Rock & Revy Bullet and Gun shower scene!!! Very Happy) and having finally read the Volume ending (it's extended to what was published in the magazine) it is wrapped up rather good
Logan Essex

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 3:26 am Reply with quote
Rinkwolf wrote:
Reibooi wrote:

I completely agree, and I think Funimation knows this all too well. So they will bring back the original cast.

Also, having a different cast for this is like having a different cast for Full Metal Panic, School Rumble, Full Metal Alchemist, Dragon Ball Z, it's just not imaginable.

I got to meet Brad Swaile shortly after the "More Black Lagoon" announcement was made. Since we were talking about the series, and how much fun he had working on it, I mentioned that they said there was more coming. He hadn't heard about yet. He proceeded to pound the table very emphatically as he insisted that it had to be licensed because he has to dub it again. Then said that if it doesn't happen soon, that Dean Redman would probably go over to Japan and make it happen.

I then went directly over to the FUNimation booth and told Adam Sheehan that Funi would have angry VA's after them if it doesn't happen. Smile

So, yeah. Funi at least knows it's important. Then again, they've pointed out that if they get a series that was previously dubbed, that they try their best to get back the original VA's, citing Eva and Slayers as examples.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2