• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Witch Hunter Robin Series Finale!

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackRose321

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:55 am Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
For the Factory guys, I think the Orbo is injected into them and as with most drugs it has side effects. You'll learn more about where the stuff comes from in the next episode, and I can''t bring my speculation to it's full conclusion otherwise I'd spoil it for you.

spoiler[It isn't injected into them. They wear it. It has a bad effect on them because they are human. The hunters at the STNJ are either witches or seeds. I don't believe Doujima is either but then again I don't think I've seen her wear it at all...if she has it was only very briefly I think.]
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:32 pm Reply with quote
BlackRose321 wrote:
A Witch Hunter Robin thread! *Hops up and down* This is my favorite anime, I saw it when it was on [adult swim]. If anyone wants to know anything just ask me and I'm fairly sure I could answer. Anime smile
spoiler[Anyways, about that "your lucky color is black" thing, it didn't mean that they survived necessarily. It could be a way of looping the anime back to the beginning. I choose to believe that they survived because of the storyline itself. I mean, Robin is the Eve of witches...do you really think she would die after everything that happened?...And that is my rationale. Anime smile]

WHR is in need of a movie or two, I think. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing more of it. I also really enjoyed the series.
Cronos X

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:45 pm Reply with quote
It did leave room for a movie, but what would it be about? Everything is pretty much settled. I think it was a good ending as it was, no need for anything certainly a [Adult Swim] best of 04/05.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:00 pm Reply with quote
BlackRose321 wrote:
spoiler[I choose to believe that they survived because of the storyline itself.]

Has anyone seen spoiler[how Stanley Goodspeed (Nicolas Cage) told his superiors that John Patrick Mason (Sean Connery) was "killed and blown into the ocean" at the end of] The Rock? spoiler[Agent Ernest Paxton (William Forsythe) understood immediately and gave Goodspeed a winked smile, while FBI Director James Womack (John Spencer) simply didn't get it and kept asking Goodspeed the whereabouts of Mason's corpse.]

This is how WHR ended as well.

EDIT: Corrected an old typo.

Last edited by dormcat on Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Cronos X wrote:
It did leave room for a movie, but what would it be about? Everything is pretty much settled. I think it was a good ending as it was, no need for anything certainly a [Adult Swim] best of 04/05.

Well there's still a few things like spoiler[Like whether or not Amon has any latent powers for instance or more about his and Nagira's past. I'm sure they could come up with something, like Solomon finding out they're alive or Amon's powers manifest themselves, or Robin and Amon take down a covern of witches.] Something interesting like that. Oh well, wishful thinking I guess.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:01 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Has anyone seen spoiler[how Stanley Goodspeed (Nicolas Cage) told his superiors that John Patrick Mason (Sean Connery) was killed and "blown into the ocean" at the end of] The Rock? spoiler[Agent Ernest Paxton (William Forsythe) understanded immediately and gave Goodspeed a smile, while FBI Director James Womack (John Spencer) simply didn't get it and kept asking for Mason's corpse.]

This is how WHR ended as well.

Woah! That's a great analogy, now the ending makes perfect sense Anime hyper! I love that movie, by the way. Still though, I wish the series was longer. It was such a waste of excellent art, character designs, and music when they should've tried tapping into a little more character development Sad.
BlackRose321

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Cronos X wrote:

Ah, there was a lot left unsettled. I'll just put it all into a spoiler just so I don't miss anything and ruin it for anyone. Anime smile
spoiler[1. Robin is the Eve...what does that mean? She was Maria's "hope" so she must help save the witches somehow.
2. Amon and Robin's relationship...I'm assuming they survived which means they will have to live together. That alone is interesting as Amon doesn't seem to be the type to live with anyone. And Robin loves him...how does he feel about her? Yeah, I know he is 10 years older but who cares huh? Anime smile
3. Will Solomon hunt them?
4. Amon's past was a mystery, I'd love to know more about him and his past...concerning his father, mother, and Nagira.]
annomandaris

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:09 pm Reply with quote
sad thing is that this is the only anime I have actually enjoyed watching for about a year...

I had to import every DVD but it was well worth it!

I am not gonna say anything about the ending as loads of others have but I reccommend this to anyone who likes a moody atmospheric anime, true they could have tied up a bit better but that would knock out the mystery. Character development was slightly lax though and I do hope that something is revealed about the characters...maybe as an extra for special editions...

(ps: is wolf's rain any good? as I have to import everything I dont want to waste money)
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:52 pm Reply with quote
That would be a matter of opinion, I personally enjoyed it up until the last four episodes (Which was actually the Wolf's Rain OAV that they tacked onto the rest of the series when it aired on TV here in the US) which ruined the series for me. The series was pretty entertaining, however, the OAV was just disappointing and spoiler[depressing.]
darkxodia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Well, well, well....
Last night (March 4th) was obviously the series finale of Witch HUnter Robin. And what an ending. Personally I think that Robin and Amon are still alive because Robin was using her powers to (maybe) free the witches. And if that's happened then how can so many witches with ALL those powers die in something like the demoloshing of a building. Confused . Anywho...they all used their powers and were saved, but noone saw that. And Micheal is a nerd so he knows that they are alive Razz!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2