• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Alchemic Drive

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Letthemeatraep

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Peace Walker is amust for me, and I'm sorely tempted by that Megaman Zero collection as I've never played any of those games.

Also, isn't Virtual On Force a disc based release rather than an Xbox Live one? I read that somewhere the other day and couldn't quite understand Sega's logic... then I realised I associated the people who made Sonic Heroes with 'logic'...

Other than that, all I can say is that Disgaea visual novel thing sounds like the most pointless release imaginable. Seriously, would it have been THAT hard to port Disgaea 3 to the PSP?
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 3:47 pm Reply with quote
SF IV: If it was a Blanka snuggie, I'd definitely get it Very Happy

Another Century's Episode: Another crossover of giant mecha that no one in the U.S. could remotely care about (since we won't get it and we're not familiar with every giant mecha anime out there). I'm sure Lelouch's presence will send some fans racing to grab it.

FMA Promised Day: I'm wondering how this is going to really turn out. A sort of SRPG with FMA's cast? Interesting concept. I would be surprised if this didn't get localized. After all, we got every other FMA game here, so this shouldn't be an exception.

Megaman Zero: I never did get what the appeal was in this series, other than the fact Zero is the protagonist and seems to be the subject of too many fangirls' bishie art. I never got into it beyond the first game (probably because I never finished it). I'll just wait for Megaman Maverick Hunter X2 thanks.
OutlawGundam

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 5:38 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
Megaman Zero: I never did get what the appeal was in this series, other than the fact Zero is the protagonist and seems to be the subject of too many fangirls' bishie art. I never got into it beyond the first game (probably because I never finished it). I'll just wait for Megaman Maverick Hunter X2 thanks.

You'll be waiting for eternity then, since Maverick Hunter did not sell well I believe Capcom has dropped all plans to continue both Powered Up and Maverick Hunter. Unless they recently changed their mind and I just haven't heard the news yet.
TheRoyalFamily

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 5:42 pm Reply with quote
A peacenik hippy named Paz? Seriously? Don't think I've ever met anyone with that name, but it certainly isn't an impossible Spanish name; but shoot, that's just a little blunt.

Hrmm...Disgea without the battles? I will have to add this to my PSP wishlist...after I get a PSP.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 7:08 pm Reply with quote
That FMA game sounds cool. I want it!
EngrishFan

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Aura Ichadora wrote:
Mario1234567 wrote:
WOW! Possibly the greatest game of all time comes out on Sunday and its not mentioned here. Reviews for it from IGN, Gamespot, and many other big time site gives it perfect Scores 10/10.. I really have lost all hope for some of you so called gamers these days. Super Mario Galaxy 2 >>>>>> All

I'm sure everyone knows about SMG2 coming out. It's not like it's a guarded secret. Rolling Eyes I think letting us know about some of the other games out there that are being released is more important than letting us know about a game that is already (annoyingly) overhyped.

Well, besides the fact that the game came out LAST Sunday (May 23) AND it was already mentioned in the PREVIOUS article.

The section about ACE Ep. R wrote:
..... and…uh, Full Metal Panic! (does anyone watch that one for the mecha?)

There probably is one single obvious reason why FMP! and Super Robot Wars fans would buy the game...
BleuVII

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:14 pm Reply with quote
OutlawGundam wrote:
belvadeer wrote:

You'll be waiting for eternity then, since Maverick Hunter did not sell well I believe Capcom has dropped all plans to continue both Powered Up and Maverick Hunter. Unless they recently changed their mind and I just haven't heard the news yet.

The appeal was that it was Megaman X, grown up. It was hard, it was deep, and it had awesome controls. Personally, I can't imagine beating the Zero games without an Action Replay, but I HAVE a DS Action Replay. If you think I'm kidding about this, you haven't played the games. If you fail a mission, you fail it PERMANENTLY. There is no way to redo it. Megaman ZX and ZXA were fantastic though, so I might get this one.
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 3:00 am Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
FMA Promised Day: I'm wondering how this is going to really turn out. A sort of SRPG with FMA's cast? Interesting concept. I would be surprised if this didn't get localized. After all, we got every other FMA game here, so this shouldn't be an exception.

Actually, we never got FMA 3 on the PS2. I guess Square-Enix didn't think the sales of the first two warranted releasing the third one in the US. And then there are the Wii games that came out last year for the new anime. Actually, since the first two FMA games, Broken Angel and Curse of the Crimson Elixir, the only other one we got was the Funi/Destineer DS game. We've been sorely lacking in FMA games for a long time now.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Megaman X grown up? What a...unique way to put it. I never did follow the MMZ storyline after the first game due to never finishing the first. Neo Arcadia has this one impossible jump I kept screwing up.

I'm still hopeful for Maverick Hunter 2.

Huh really? I'm not an expert on the subject of which FMA games we did get, so thank you for clearing that up. I naturally assumed we'd have gotten them all.
sfried

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 11:53 pm Reply with quote
nightjuan wrote:
I liked the first Megaman Zero game but pretty much lost track of the rest. Guess I might as well try out the collection now that it's available.
This is very understandable. I actually tracked down all of the GBA games and bought them before they disappeared from store shelves forever...even when I still haven't finished the second! Blasted theft left me with MMZero2 almost close to the end.

I'm going to get the collection simply because it's dead cheap and also wondering if Capcom will fix several of the translation errors in this edition, as well as bring back the "blood".
bleuster

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 8:33 am Reply with quote
Ah, Senko no Ronde. A lost gem, but I have some hope that we'll see Dou, and with some justice done.

Looking forward to Disgaea Infinite. Many people won't get it (or "get it", for that matter), but I hope it does well since there are plently of visual novels that can be brought over with a dedicated audience on console systems and not just PCs.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Upstart

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Every time I read the X button I almost always laugh and really, really enjoy the article. Todd, you seriously outdone yourself this time and I am honored to have read your articles for the last two years.

In the last 16 or so years, I've read well over 100 gaming columns, but only a couple I still read today. But almost none of them are nearly as hilarious and worth reading as this.

I don't even game, and I still read this column. It's just that good.

And yeah, that style is very inspired by Mucha, I'd call it a homage.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2