• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mew Mew Power This Saturday

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jtnishi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Anyone have any clue whether we should be excited or apprehensive? Maybe both?
Tenchi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Since it's on at 8 a.m., and on a Saturday, perhaps I'll set up my VCR to tape something for the first time in years.

Not that I personally care one way or the other how 4Kids treats this show, just my apathy is lesser than it is for One Piece.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Beastman.EXE

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:38 pm Reply with quote
I'll watch it to see if this will be the show for 4kids to redeem themselves with (which I seriously doubt). Especially since we know some of the changes already.
Laruto

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Beastman.EXE wrote:
I'll watch it to see if this will be the show for 4kids to redeem themselves with (which I seriously doubt). Especially since we know some of the changes already.

Redeem themselves meaning, you have to elaborate on that part!
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Of course this has to be when I'm at Katsucon Anime hyper ARGH! I'm never able to watch the first episode of a series!
Seca

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:32 pm Reply with quote
I'm just curious to how it'll turn out. Kinda sucks to wake up so early on a Saturday just for my own morbid curosity though. Razz
Angel Lily

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:43 pm Reply with quote
First off I'd like to say I knew this already. Since Saturday, I've been waiting for them to put this up. Any ways, I'm getting up in the morining to watch and see how bad it is. In the next set of my fanfics I plan to make some jokes about the name changes and if its really bad I plan to have a character from another fanfic to do something to 4kids HQ.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Kisaki

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:36 pm Reply with quote
I can't believe those idiots at 4kids entertainment changed Ichigo Momomiya to Zoe Hanson!

The last volume of the TMM manga almost made me cry. (I know, I'm a total drama queen.) But the commercial for the English version of the anime DID make me cry because I could tell it had been butchered so bad! One of the most kawaii mahou shoujo series ever is practically being destroyed! I hate 4ke!
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:43 am Reply with quote
Woot! I checked out the preview episode of this. Very Happy

Well, despite the name changes and that song performace that was played once in a while, it wasn't actually too bad. The episode they showed is where the cherry trees is going to cause poisoning or something. The dub didn't make me cringe as much; I'm still trying to figure out who does the voices of who.
Laruto

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:54 am Reply with quote
This was good, the voices good, the music So so but everything fit in well not to over the top like others but good! I have to say Brigette? sounds alot like the Bulmas Voice actor? and most of these actors sound new! or could they be from other voice Studios? I need to know!
m3g4t0ky0

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:00 am Reply with quote
It's nice to hear that someone watched it. I just had to go back to sleep and miss it entirely. If only they didn't show it so early...

Anyways, could anyone that watched the episode be nice enough to fill me in on what happened? I'd really hate to watch the second episode and not have any idea on how the series started.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:00 am Reply with quote
I assume most of the VAs are the usual VAs from New York who did some dub work on CPM/RightStuf titles (as well as other 4Kids titles).
Laruto

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:11 am Reply with quote
Wow, your Smart darkchibi Very Happy but can you or anyone get a list of the voice actors of who voiced whom because that Green Girl sounds like Funi's DBZ's Bulma Voice actor! I could be wrong but it doesn't hurt to find out!
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:23 am Reply with quote
I swear "Elliot" was Sean Schemmel (Goku/DBZ.I cringed. Argh. Ryo is too cool for that voice) And Hikaru Midorikawa's character-Wesley, was it? I knew they wouldn't call her Ichigo, but Zoe was just such a shock....
And Kish was bugging me-I know that voice. I'm thinking Ren Tao on Shaman King maybe, but I'm not quite sure yet. (I believe Andy Rannells)
wizard55

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:44 am Reply with quote
But they skipped the 1st epsiode complteley!!!!! Thats what is really bugging me!!! but They are airing it next week i guess. but was this episode, episode 2? and I hope I can find an edit list.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3