• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Pillows at ACen

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crescent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:34 am Reply with quote
-X- wrote:
....NOT cool. I wish the editors would verify the information before they posted it. I went to the NYC venue's website and looked at their listing for the 21st, and they are not playing. I'm REALLY disappointed. See for yourself...

http://www.sin-e.com/html/calendar2.html

Please check your information before you report it next time. *dies a little inside*

I don't know how you ended up at that site O_o

http://www.knittingfactory.com/calendar/event_descrip.cfm?event_num=51022&room=4&location=1

Pillows, Noodles, Daddy, Male Room
Price: $8.00
Date: Mon, Mar 21
Start Time: 8:00 PM

Knitting Factory
Tap Bar
74 Leonard Street
New York City , NY 10013
212-219-3132

And there's this link on that site, which allows you to purchase tickets in advance: http://www.ticketweb.com/user/?region=nyc&query=detail&event=580112
CorneredAngel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:51 pm Reply with quote
The confusion makes some sense: the Japan Girls Nite Tour website lists Sin-e; as the venue. Although the Pillows are apparently a part of that tour, they are playing the Knitting Factory.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Zoe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:09 pm Reply with quote
Crescent wrote:
The info for the outdoor show on the 17th is listed here: http://www.sister.co.jp/GirlsUStour2005/

Ouch! That show isn't for general admission. You actually need full registration to the event (not a pretty cost). I e-mailed the site and you can get in with just a wristband, but you would need to ask for the person in charge by name.
-X-

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:01 am Reply with quote
AHH!! Thank you very much for the clarification...and I apologize profusely for falsely accusing you of reporting incorrect information. *feels kinda stupid for jumping to conclusions* Thanks!!!

Now I just need to hope that it's not a 21+ show...or that I can get ahold of a fake ID easily (although knowing that it's NYC, it wouldn't be too hard).
ersve

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:53 am Reply with quote
i just bought the tickets to the SF show. jawesome.
Yitogwa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:59 am Reply with quote
Are they also playing in upstate NY (Canton: St. Lawrence University)??? If so, that's closer to me. I'll hopefully make it to that one (if there is one). But we'll see... ^^;;
Crescent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Yitogwa wrote:
Are they also playing in upstate NY (Canton: St. Lawrence University)??? If so, that's closer to me. I'll hopefully make it to that one (if there is one). But we'll see... ^^;;

It's very unlikely - unlikely that they'll be playing anywhere else, even. The only real remote possibilities in my view would maybe be Seattle and/or LA, as those are the other two locations they said they were looking into playing along with San Fran, Chicago, and NYC when they announced that they had applied to play at the SXSW Festival in Austin.

The best scenario would likely be if they're well-recieved (especially at the NYC and San Fran shows since those are the two independent dates, not being part of a con or the SXSW festival). If a lot a people show up (and I guess if they sell CDs and t-shirts and crap), then it would naturally be a lot more likely that they would look into playing a couple other cities around the country at some point)
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Cool, now Bonnie Pink is going to be there. After hearing her album Even So and already liking "It's Gonna Rain" enough as it is, I"ve become an increasingly bigger fan of her music, though it's too bad I still don't go to conventions Confused.
slickwataris

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Every time you "update" this news piece I think that you'll put up a new thread but you don't.

Anyway, you can download a lot of the songs (700) of this SXSW Festival at http://www.moletiemedia.net/php/ legally. They got The Pillows, Bonnie Pink, and Titan Go Kings. There may be more japanese bands but I don't know.

Tonight, The Night is a great song.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ataru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Over the Brown Bridge is very good too, but I as well, much like anime cons, wish it was alot closer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
-X-

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:47 am Reply with quote
Yeah, Crescent, I fully intend to spend LOTS of money getting their merchandise at the show...both to support and to save on importing costs, since I want some anyway. Hooray for legality!!!
omnistry

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:43 pm Reply with quote
-X- wrote:
Now I just need to hope that it's not a 21+ show...or that I can get ahold of a fake ID easily (although knowing that it's NYC, it wouldn't be too hard).

The New York show at the Knitting Factory is all ages. The one the night before at Pianos is 21+.

I've got my tickets for the Knitting Factory show; and they feel sooo good in my hands.

And I can't wait for May 3rd to come along so I can pick up their new album "Good Dreams" (not "Penalty Life") in stores. I plan on preordering it at Sam Goody.

I hope they have video cameras their for a future DVD (ala L'arc~en~Ciel's US concert).
jfrog

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Crescent wrote:
It's very unlikely - unlikely that they'll be playing anywhere else, even. The only real remote possibilities in my view would maybe be Seattle and/or LA, as those are the other two locations they said they were looking into playing along with San Fran, Chicago, and NYC when they announced that they had applied to play at the SXSW Festival in Austin.

And they ARE playing those locations...Seattle, anyways. While I was flipping through The Stranger (local alternative rag) this morning, I noticed that they're playing at the Crocodile Cafe on March 23rd. Usually a 21+ joint, but they've been known to do all ages shows from time to time and since it only listed the date (no ticket price, no showtime) there's still a chance that it'll be all ages. Small chance, but there nonetheless.

Of course, all of this pales in comparison to the news that Gang of Four are doing a reunion tour...what? You haven't heard of them? Philistines. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Crescent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:38 am Reply with quote
http://www.delicious-label.com/ustour/index_us2.htm

Unfortunately, the Seattle show is also 21+

Noodles is also gonna be down in LA on the 25th with a handful of other Japanese bands (this show being listed on the Noodles info section)... Nothing saying 21+, but I'm gonna guess so, seeing as the venue looks like a bar...
jokdcda

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:30 am Reply with quote
Im going to A-Cen in Chicago in may anyone have any advice for how to make a vizard ichigo costume and what to expect at the convention im 15 and its my first time at a convention
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2