• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Melbourne International Film Festival

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Errinundra

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 5:00 am Reply with quote
I've just received this email from the organisers of MIFF:

Fellow cinephiles,

You'll be glad to hear that we've just launched our first sneak peek at this year's MIFF program with our First Bite online booklet. A tantalising sampler of what the full program will hold, it's bound to whet your appetite for the cinematic feast that will take place 22 July – 8 August.
As in the previous few years there's at least one anime. This year they are showing Summer Wars and First Squad: The Moment of Truth

The preview booklet can be seen on-line here. The animation section is on pages 24 & 25.

Also interesting is Air Doll, a live action film from Hirokazu Koreeda that has CGI elements. (See page 13 of the guide.)

In previous years the festival has shown Paprika, Tekkonkinkreet, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and The Skycrawlers. It's a rare opportunity here in Melbourne to see great anime movies where they are meant to be seen - on the big screen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1