• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Simulcast Lilpri Magical Girl Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
agila61

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Darn good thing they announced Giant Killing before they announced this ... if this was seen as "the fifth [?] box" for the Spring lineup, with about six weeks of suspended animation ... instead of the sixth [?] box that popped up earlier this week ... it would be a mighty disappointment.
kawaiibunny3

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:33 pm Reply with quote
I actually think this dumb show is pretty cute Anime hyper
Good to know I can watch it legally now. Thanks crunchyroll.
JuicyB

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:37 pm Reply with quote
i like magical girl anime, but one with elementary schoolers sounds kinda lame... what are they gonna do between fighting monsters, play with their teddy bears?
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Cool its a good show
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:42 pm Reply with quote
JuicyB wrote:
i like magical girl anime, but one with elementary schoolers sounds kinda lame... what are they gonna do between fighting monsters, play with their teddy bears?

it involves the three heroines bringing happiness to people by transforming into teenage idols to sing for people and using that happiness to restore Fairyland. That's basically what it's about for 6 episodes so far.
agila61

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Is there anything in this show that has something to do with Strawberries?

If this was the famous mysterious fifth Spring simulcast, I would have been annoyed, but if some people enjoy the show, the more, the merrier.
JuicyB

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
JuicyB wrote:

it involves the three heroines bringing happiness to people by transforming into teenage idols to sing for people and using that happiness to restore Fairyland. That's basically what it's about for 6 episodes so far.

I can dig that. I'll probably watch it then.
Myaow

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 5:54 pm Reply with quote
JuicyB wrote:

A lot of magical girl shows have had elementary schoolers for main characters. The most prominent one is Cardcaptor Sakura, but there's also Nanoha and the old Pierrot magical girls shows.
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 6:06 pm Reply with quote
As far as I'm concerned, the one thing this show has it going for is the new seiyuus. All the seiyuus make their debut here and may very well be the main seiyuus in the coming years as older ones move on (though of course I'm hoping the older ones don't all move on, especially the big names)
JuicyB

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Myaow wrote:
JuicyB wrote:

A lot of magical girl shows have had elementary schoolers for main characters. The most prominent one is Cardcaptor Sakura, but there's also Nanoha and the old Pierrot magical girls shows.

I always assumed Sakura was a middle-schooler since they were all lesbians and stuff, but I'll take your word for it. Nanoha was just lame and annoying - "Oh that girl tried to decapitate me with a beam scythe! Her eyes are so pretty! I hope we can be bestest fwiends forever!"
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 6:56 pm Reply with quote
JuicyB wrote:
Myaow wrote:
JuicyB wrote:

I always assumed Sakura was a middle-schooler since they were all lesbians and stuff, but I'll take your word for it. Nanoha was just lame and annoying - "Oh that girl tried to decapitate me with a beam scythe! Her eyes are so pretty! I hope we can be bestest fwiends forever!"

Sounds like you only watched the original Nanoha. Watch A's if you want all the good stuff. StrikerS is okay, but not as good as A's due to the first half of the series being extremely long and dragging its feet. CCS was not at all yuri, but definitely lots of shoujo-ai subtext (Tomoyo FTW!). Regardless, sounds like you're not much of a fan of mahou shoujo shows. If you don't like Nanoha A's or CCS, you probably won't like most of the other ones out there.
Reaper gI

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 7:33 pm Reply with quote
JuicyB wrote:

I always assumed Sakura was a middle-schooler since they were all lesbians and stuff, but I'll take your word for it.

You could also read the first chapter of the manga or watch any episode of the series that has her school metioned in it.
Sakura's what 9 at the start of the anime (it's younger than in the manga). She's in middle school in the eppilouge.
All the relationships in CCS are messed up; incest, loilicon, shotacon, every sexuality, and even necrophilia. (no special preference to shoujo-ai over the others)
Cryssoberyl

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:30 pm Reply with quote
JuicyB wrote:

"Oh that girl tried to decapitate me with a beam scythe! Her eyes are so pretty! I hope we can be a happy couple - and adoptive parents - forever!"

Fixed. That's exactly what happened, too. ;D
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
As far as I'm concerned, the one thing this show has it going for is the new seiyuus. All the seiyuus make their debut here and may very well be the main seiyuus in the coming years as older ones move on (though of course I'm hoping the older ones don't all move on, especially the big names)

What's notable about the three main seiyuu (Wada, Maeda, and Fukuda) is that they're all close to the age (well, a few years older) of the main characters. 15, 15 and 14 if I remember correctly. I really like their natural style of voice acting -- they talk the way real girls talk, because they haven't been trained to overact like those twentysomething seiyuu who turn up the helium for a role half their age (think any typical moe show).

Lilpri is the anti-moe because it's a show about little girls that actually IS aimed at little girls, not creepy older men. Anime hyper
Ojamajo LimePie

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:48 pm Reply with quote
More mahou shoujo made available for legal viewing is always a good thing! Very Happy I've been meaning to watching this, and now I have no excuse not to.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2