• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: One Piece Anime Theme Park Attraction to Open in March

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:00 am Reply with quote
Probably going to be the only one who thought this but, when I read the word "Park and One Piece", I instantly thought of the Thriller Bark arc.

That was a interesting arc, a little weird at times, but the manga ending to that was exceptionally awesome though.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:41 am Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Probably going to be the only one who thought this but, when I read the word "Park and One Piece", I instantly thought of the Thriller Bark arc.

Strange, I thought of "Arlong Park".

One Piece certainly has enough creativity and depth to make awesome theme park attraction.
Emma Iveli

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:54 am Reply with quote
I wonder what's it going to be...

Did you know that a couple years ago Universal Studios Japan did a One Piece water show?
Bell02

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:07 am Reply with quote
After the Pokemon theme park I don't have my hopes too high for a non-American based theme park. (It's not fair, but I just haven't been impressed enough)

One Piece definitely has a lot of directions to go for theme parks though, I think I personally would prefer a Shabody Park recreation reference since not only was it the theme park in the comics, it was also a meeting point across the worlds where regulars, the elite, the marines, and the pirates all converged of different nationalities and races. (Making it really easy to mix all things one piece)
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:55 pm Reply with quote
This sounds pretty awesome to me.

Wasn't there a Naruto theme park attraction at one point to? Or am I just delusional?

I hope this is a trend of more fandom-based theme park and attractions, between this and the Harry Potter theme park.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Yorozuya

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

Strange, I thought of "Arlong Park".

One Piece certainly has enough creativity and depth to make awesome theme park attraction.

I thought 'One Park' when I first read it Anime smile (the gintama parody of one piece)
egoist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:02 am Reply with quote
I wonder if they will be selling those boobies mousepads there. That'd be great.
Son: "Mommy, look at this, hmm, how fluffy and nice."
*A sound resonates after a strong slap in the cheek*
Catholic Mom: "Do-do-don-don't touch that, that's filthy, that's a whore, a satan creation in the form of a mousepad. Your thing will rot and fall if you do that again."
"Mehh", cries the kid like a sheep.
ipooka

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:49 pm Reply with quote
I live in Aichi prefecture, I've been to this park, and I can say there's no such place as "Laguna Gamori"

It's "Laguna Gamagori" ラグナ蒲郡(がまごおり)in Gamagori City 蒲郡市(がまごおりし).

If you follow the link in the article, you can see it written in Roman letters on the top left of the page.
thefuturemrsuzumaki

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:06 pm Reply with quote
This would be awesome to visit!! Too bad it's only gonna be for a little while...this would be an awesome birthday present for my boyfriend. xD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
egoist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:48 pm Reply with quote
TheFutureMrs.Uzumaki wrote:
This would be awesome to visit!! Too bad it's only gonna be for a little while...this would be an awesome birthday present for my boyfriend. xD

Are you telling me Naruto would visit an One Piece theme park? I sincerely can't see that happening.
Luffy: "You'll be my new nakama!"
Naruto: "That's not my boat."
thefuturemrsuzumaki

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:01 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
TheFutureMrs.Uzumaki wrote:

Are you telling me Naruto would visit an One Piece theme park? I sincerely can't see that happening.
Luffy: "You'll be my new nakama!"
Naruto: "That's not my boat."

LOL yes it could so happen. xD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sariachan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:20 pm Reply with quote
I thought of Skypiea instead, not ask why. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
IIMazokuII

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:48 pm Reply with quote
I'm imagining this kind of epic boat ride, in a replica of the Sunny-Go.. kind of like the pirates of the carribean ride at Disney World... expect Grand Line themed.. And at the end their's a giant splash, when Franky sends the ship flying with a coup-de-burst... and on top of that it's 3D!!

Probably not.... but that would be kick ass..
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
population_tire

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:33 am Reply with quote
I don't mean to necro this thread, but I've been looking on google and all I can find about this is "opening in March." Did it ever open? I can't even find pictures of it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1