• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Anime to Stream Bleach 'Very, Very Soon'

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
agila61

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Tomibiki wrote:
What's the quality specs on these streams?
I haven't actually watched any of Viz's streams at Hulu ... but {steps} {door} ... {door} {steps} looks like standard Hulu, DVD resolution 480p, and 360p and 288p available for the bandwidth or horsepower impaired.
agila61

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Revolutionary wrote:
I saw this coming. I imagine they'll do it a week later. Although it is weird they can't announce that part.

I just wish either them or CR would get caught up really fast. I refuse to watch the episodes between where AS stopped and where it's airing right now through fansubs.

They may have to double check with Hulu precise timing - Hulu might not really target 5:30am Eastern, 2:30am Pacific release times.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:41 pm Reply with quote
Tomibiki wrote:

The CR one is on par or better than anything DB put out for Bleach. Bleach looks pretty poor though. I don't know what it is, but compared to stuff like Naruto and One Piece it's really washed out and upscales HORRIBLY compared to Naruto, which looks like legit HD.
agila61

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
Tomibiki wrote:

The CR one is on par or better than anything DB put out for Bleach. Bleach looks pretty poor though. I don't know what it is, but compared to stuff like Naruto and One Piece it's really washed out and upscales HORRIBLY compared to Naruto, which looks like legit HD.

I don't know the production resolution of Bleach ... they may never have stepped it up from the DVD 480 horizontal resolution to cater to the BD market ... but for this story, about Viz's stream, Hulu's top resolution seems to be 480p, which is essentially the same as Bleach broadcasts at in Japan.

480p is fine on my netbook, and we have the "kind of" cable broadband instead of the real cable broadband, which they call "turbo", so I never bother with 720p in any event.
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:20 pm Reply with quote
taster of pork wrote:
Is Adult Swim still going to be showing it?

The current schedule goes through July 31 and has Bleach 35 as the last episode airing. If you extrapolate GITS episode numbers out to there, you'll see that would be restarting with 1 in the 3:30 AM slot. At this point, and starting August 7, I have a feeling [as] will scale back CB and GITS to one episode each, and start back with their Bleach mini-marathons (this time 1-3 AM) to complete the Soul Society arc thusly:

8/7: 36-39
8/14: 40-43
8/21: 44-47
8/28: 48-51
9/4: 52-55
9/11: 56-59
9/18: 60-63

That would leave 9/25 for the return of the Bount arc, which no one wants to see, so instead at that point we flash forward to the PREMIERE of 168. That would mean Bleach comes back in September, as was mentioned here.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2