• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bleach Simulcast Launched on Crunchyroll Today

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NExclusive

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:38 am Reply with quote
Can't say I'm ecstatic, I was always a fan of DB subs... Sad
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:03 pm Reply with quote
NExclusive wrote:
Can't say I'm ecstatic, I was always a fan of DB subs... Sad

Switch to Element, I guarantee the translation is very good. Video is better then DB as well, don't be fooled by the fact that it's .avi.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Don't be a jerk, support legitimate streaming anime if you even remotely like the show. (And by support, I don't mean you have to go and pay CR for a subscription, if you can't afford it, just stop watching fansubs and wait for the free stream).

Last edited by Dorcas_Aurelia on Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
Don't be a jerk, support legitimate streaming anime if you even remotely like the show.

Hello there, I'm region blocked. Pleased to meet you.

Edit: I can wait for it to become free. Still can't watch it though. So, what do you suggest?

Last edited by DmonHiro on Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:11 pm Reply with quote
The original poster isn't.
Starks

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Learn to proxy or torrent the CR rips.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Starks wrote:
Learn to proxy.

Why would I bother? It's just an extra pain in the ass.

Funny thing though: I'm in Romania, so, I'm region blocked from watching Bleach on CR. Bleach is licensed in Romania...so why am I region blocked? Well, I guess could we only had 70~80 episode? Oh well, don't really care.

And how would me downloading the inferior CR rips be useful to anyone? If I'm already downloading, who cares what version I get?
kamanashi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:13 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised there has only been one "CR is crap, I love DB more" post. I thought all the pirates would have been going crazy because they can't steal their Bleach episodes with Dattebayo's help anymore.

I am glad CR got Bleach since it will allow me to catch up with Japan when they add the old Episodes. Adult Swim isn't reliable enough to watch on there anymore.
agila61

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:21 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
Starks wrote:
Learn to proxy.

Why would I bother? It's just an extra pain in the ass.

If you learn to tunnel proxy, you'll get access to more than just CR. But tunnel proxy to an R2 nation rather than the US, to avoid US advertisers forcing CR to start blocking tunnel proxy servers. The R2 countries at launch are the Nordics (Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland), the UK, Ireland and Netherlands.

That is a very common pattern, I think it may be a distribution region of a rights holder who permits simulcast streaming.

Quote:
Bleach is licensed in Romania...so why am I region blocked?
That's why, exactly. Its foolish for rights owners to block access, when it just leaves the field clear for leach streamers who obviously do not region block ... but it takes some rights owners longer than others to see the light. It took three weeks for Naruto to get rights to stream to most countries.

Quote:
And how would me downloading the inferior CR rips be useful to anyone? If I'm already downloading, who cares what version I get?

If it does make a difference, downloading the CR rips would certainly have to be the worst choice to make.
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:22 pm Reply with quote
kamanashi wrote:
I'm surprised there has only been one "CR is crap, I love DB more" post. I thought all the pirates would have been going crazy because they can't steal their Bleach episodes with Dattebayo's help anymore.

Yeah I was shocked too, but all of those people took their whining over to the CR forums, and trust me there was A LOT of it, so don't be too shocked.

There was lots of "How dare you steal Bleach from DB!". lol Seriously where do these people get their logic from? DB never 'owned' Bleach.

Quote:
I am glad CR got Bleach since it will allow me to catch up with Japan when they add the old Episodes. Adult Swim isn't reliable enough to watch on there anymore.

Yeah, lets hope start getting caught up really fast. I fear that CR will have to start from the beginning, though... So we may be waiting a long time to even see episodes they we haven't seen yet.
agila61

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:53 pm Reply with quote
kamanashi wrote:

If VizMedia is sticking with the old subtitles, the first 166 should go up quick. There is likely to be a need to get permission from Adult Swim to stream 166 up through to some unknown episode that they have rights to at present. Obviously from now on, Viz will try to write non-exclusive streaming rights one week after Japanese broadcast into all of its broadcast licensing for Bleach, but it will take a number of years for old contracts to expire and new ones to take effect,
kamanashi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Revolutionary wrote:

Yeah I was shocked too, but all of those people took their whining over to the CR forums, and trust me there was A LOT of it, so don't be too shocked.

There was lots of "How dare you steal Bleach from DB!". lol Seriously where do these people get their logic from? DB never 'owned' Bleach.

I saw that on the CR forums. I feel sorry for the mods over on the CR forums, they have to deal with a lot of threads being opened with people complaining about it.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:18 pm Reply with quote
BTW: as a Japanese speaker, I would like to point something out to all those "people" who are bitching (in bold so they don't miss it): There is nothing wrong with CR's subtitles for Bleach episode 274. The translation is accurate, the editing is solid, and the timing is good. There is absolutely nothing about the subtitle you can complain about, they even left the japanese attack names intact.
garfield15

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:24 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
BTW: as a Japanese speaker, I would like to point something out to all those "people" who are bitching (in bold so they don't miss it): There is nothing wrong with CR's subtitles for Bleach episode 274. The translation is accurate, the editing is solid, and the timing is good. There is absolutely nothing about the subtitle you can complain about, they even left the japanese attack names intact.

Don't worry about it dude. Those people who think otherwise are idiots.
agila61

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:28 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:

Wait a minute, how did you see it in Romania? Is your location not current, or were you perhaps temporarily located in Finland for a half hour?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3