• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Manga UK Indicates Eva: 2.0, Eden of the East Film Plans

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Let the hopeful speculations commence! I for one don't want to jump to conclusions, but I am so waiting and hoping for a domestic license announcement for the next Eva film sometime this year.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 1:51 pm Reply with quote
*crosses fingers*

C'mon FUNi. You know you want to announce 2.0
Oneeyedjacks

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Damn, I can't help but get my hopes up about this!
Reibooi

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 2:10 pm Reply with quote
There isn't really speculation to be had. Funi has the license for Eva 2.0. If they didn't want it they would have let fans know and when I talked to Adam at anime boston he seemed be all but confirm that Funi was already in the process of licensing the movie.

Manga UK probably already knows this and are simply waiting for Funi to finish the dub and what not. Relying on someone who may not have the license is stupid and I don't see Manga UK making such a stupid move. Funi has the license and are simply waiting until the right time to announce that. Maybe at anime Expo or something.

The real question is was Funi able to convince those in Japan that a theater run is a bad idea? Or will they have to have another limited run for 2.0? That was one of the bigger reasons behind the wait for 1.0 because they had to get all that theater stuff together instead of just focusing on the DVD and Blu-ray.
braves

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Manga UK said the same thing about Summer Wars. FUNi denied they had it, but managed to slip up in saying that they haven't started dubbing "yet". lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Why do they get it before the U.S? Evil or Very Mad
Truered

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 2:42 pm Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:

Because we drink cups of tea.

This is quite nice timing, I finally watched 1.11 on Friday, and had been looking out for information about the second films release Very Happy I want to watch this one more then I wanted to watch the first one.
Penguin_Factory

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Wait, are Manga releasing the Eden of The East TV series in the UK as well?
Reaper gI

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 2:54 pm Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:

We don't, we still have to wait to the US licensor to dub it before it comes out here.
It just go anounced here first.
Myaow

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Wait, but I thought that Sentai Filmworks was going to license 2.0!!!! I've been deceived!!!!!

anyway
It's great that Manga has plans to bring so many cool-looking movies to the UK, and I hope that as many people as possible can see them.
NJ_

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Myaow wrote:
Wait, but I thought that Sentai Filmworks was going to license 2.0!!!! I've been deceived!!!!!

Yeah and i bet V has fallen off of his chair right now. Laughing
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 3:55 pm Reply with quote
FUNimation: "Thanks for letting everyone know ahead of time...AGAIN."

To be expected (if true), as they released Eva 1.0 and have the deepest pockets of the U.S. distributors, but I wonder if FUNi is cool with them (potentially) spoiling their big announcements, like with Summer Wars (allegedly). They aren't authoritarians or harda**es, but I imagine they can't be too pleased by this second occurrance.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
B.K.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 4:02 pm Reply with quote
There's no point in waiting for Funimation. The Chinese Blu-Ray that's being released on June 25 apparently has English subs.

http://www.asianblurayguide.com/news/509/evangelion_222_you_can_not_advance_english_subtitled_hk_bd_in_june/
doubleO7

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 4:09 pm Reply with quote
B.K. wrote:
There's no point in waiting for Funimation. The Chinese Blu-Ray that's being released on June 25 apparently has English subs.

http://www.asianblurayguide.com/news/509/evangelion_222_you_can_not_advance_english_subtitled_hk_bd_in_june/

Yes, but it doesnt have a dub, which is the way I'd prefer to watch it. And I'd rather not have to import something if I can avoid it.
braves

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 4:11 pm Reply with quote
B.K. wrote:

From what I understand, it's English subs along with Chinese subs at the same time.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4