• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Comic Bunch, Comic Yuri Hime S Mags to End Publication

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Olivine

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:40 pm Reply with quote
yuricon wrote:
J-Syxx wrote:
Well this is certainly sucky news. I honestly don't know much about this magazine though. I do now the "S" genre in yuri is really tired and sorta homophobic to me on certain levles (it goes along with the myth that lesibanism is a "phase" that ends in heterosexual marriage). I kinda hope it would die off. However, maybe that was just a title for the magazine. LOL. Hopefully, these manga runs can be finished up some how.

Yuri Hime and Yuri Hime S are consolidating into one magazine that will be released 6 times a year, rather than 2 magazines released 4 times a year. Yuri Hime S is not "ending," it's being folded into Yuri Hime. The content will still exist, the stories will continue. It's all going to be *called* Yuri Hime.

It's a good thing for the company (they are going to 6 volumes from 8) and a good thing for the consumers (also buying 6 rather than 8.) With the double content I think the issues will be quite large - both magazines were well over 400 pages - and they'll be able to have a steady stream of content that comes out faster.

Personally, I felt that the 'for men" / "for women" focus of the two magazines was becoming problematic. In a perfect world it would be "for Yuri fans." Nonetheless I'm wondering, between the Yuri Hime trend towards more stories about adult women and the Yuri Hime S trend towards moe, which might end up taking the bigger hit. ( I'm all for more Fufu and less Yuru Yuri, myself. Smile

GAAAAHHH!!!! It was bad enough female stuff started invading the male's magazine. I realize now what happened! Yuri Hime has assimilated Yuri Hime S ala the Borg, absorbing its resources and become bimonthly! Now, instead of 'for males' and 'for females' distinction being so very, VERY necessarily drawn, 'for males' stuff will have to compete with the 'for females' stuff, and the 'for males' stuff cannot win. Expect to see dastardly tactics from the 'for female' forces, like:

-Sending in cross-dressing she-male spies to infiltrate our strongholds.
-Harassing our supply lines, bringing our plot advances to a slow crawl.
-Assassinating moe/loli officials.
-Destroying our bed stockpiles, forcing us to spend precious plot time buying more of them.

There is no hope! Its just going to be one giant 'for females' magazine. All is lost! Every man for himself! *throws garbage can through electronics store window and loots tv*
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3