• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Section23 Adds Xam'd, Hell Girl: Three Vessels Anime

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
every time I see they licensed something I weep because I know they'll charge 59.99 for 12-14 episodes. ridiculous

I pay 20 dollars for a 3 hour movie so 40 dollars would even be reasonable for these collections

Then you must weep anytime any shows are licensed in R1, because that's a fairly average price for a cour release these days. Plus, that's MSRP. All these are running 40-60% off for preorders at Right Stuf right now. Most of Sentai's $50-60 collections can be easily found for $30-$40 on Right Stuf, Amazon, and Deep Discount.
JohnnySake

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Another season of Hell Girl? Excellent! That is really good news for everyone / anyone enjoying Season Two. I'm actually working my way through season two and will definitely like to see how things transpire in a third season. And yes, I really love the dub of the first season, but what are ya gonna do in the current economy? Keep them coming Section23!
NJ_

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Oh thank goodness, with Aniplex America releasing Darker Than Black 2 & Durarara themselves soon, i was worried that they would do the same to Hell Girl 3 so i'm glad that's not the case.

Well FUNi & Sentai, you'll be getting my money on this series soon. Here's hoping it's as good as i've been hearing it is.
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:38 pm Reply with quote
I'm guessing Sony did have the rights, but like Kenshin, didn't know what to do with the series. I'm just wondering if that means they've given up on that Ultraviolet spin-off, too.
Takeyo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:42 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
Oh thank goodness, with Aniplex America releasing Darker Than Black 2 & Durarara themselves soon [...]

*record scratch*

Wait, what was that about Durarara!!?

EDIT:
Thanks, leftbehindxp. I wonder if it's that ANN just hadn't picked up on that bit of news or if Egan Loo has been sitting on it till an official announcement is made or he can get confirmation.

Last edited by Takeyo on Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
leftbehindxp

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Takeyo wrote:
NJ_ wrote:
Oh thank goodness, with Aniplex America releasing Darker Than Black 2 & Durarara themselves soon [...]

*record scratch*

Wait, what was that about Durarara!!?

Here you go:

http://www.mania.com/durarara-darker-black-season-2-going-to-aniplex_article_123417.html
CaptainAvatar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Sentai, you continue to get the love from me! Also, Right Stuff already has Xam'D solicited and list it as a hybrid release, so yes there will be a dub! I would also like to have had Hell Girl dubbed, but at least I can own it on an R1 DVD. Now if Switchblade would pick up Hell Girl live action!
Myaow

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:03 pm Reply with quote
The theme song to Xam'd made it look soooo cool, I'm really looking forward to seeing it. Yay, Sentai and Section23!
doubleO7

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:04 pm Reply with quote
snl67 wrote:
Now if Switchblade would pick up Hell Girl live action!

There was a live action Hell Girl? When did that come out? I dont remember hearing anything about it Shocked
NJ_

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:19 pm Reply with quote
doubleO7 wrote:
snl67 wrote:
Now if Switchblade would pick up Hell Girl live action!

There was a live action Hell Girl? When did that come out? I don't remember hearing anything about it Shocked

There's an ANN entry on it. It ran from November 2007 to January 2008 and lasted only 12 episodes (which if you ask me would be a good fit for Switchblade to release it all in one set).
LeanGreen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Oh my god yes!! I'm going to be so broke this fall. Ghost Hound, not only with a dub, but on Blu-ray?! Blue Drop rereleased with a dub?! And X'amd released for the first time with a dub and on Blu-ray?! Thank you Sentai, I love you so much. This and the last Toradora! volume being released in mid-August, I foresee a huge increase in the amount of money I spend on dvds this fall.
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Section23 usually does subs and if it does really well like, Clannad then it gets dubbed, but it all depends on sales, if the sub fans buy it and they think that dub fans would buy it, then it'll be dubbed. They're just playing it safe. That's why I'm waiting for a dub of Skull Man.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Sick!! There was a rumour that Sony had Xam'd, but I'm glad that Section23 has it. Hopefully they can get a dub on there, and I'll definitely be buying Ghost Hound on BD as well.

Edit: Rightstuf says Xam'd will be a hybrid release, so YAY!

Last edited by jmfsilenthill on Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
doubleO7

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:56 pm Reply with quote
I'll definitely be getting Xam'd and Ghost Hound on BluRay, and I might get Hell Girl eventually
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:03 pm Reply with quote
I just finished Xam'd its pretty good and definitely a great pick up. Not really interested in Hell Girl though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 11