• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Section23 Adds Xam'd, Hell Girl: Three Vessels Anime

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quark

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:09 pm Reply with quote
dragonrider_cody wrote:
Quark wrote:

However, I'm slightly annoyed that I just bought the second season of Ghost Hound, and then they have to go and announce the Blu-ray release. I think I might watch the fansubs first, and then if I like the show, sell my unopened DVDs, and then put in an order for the Blu-ray. I don't really want to double dip yet on a show I don't know anything about.

You mean the second set? There was never a second season of Ghost Hound.

Oops! My bad. Yeah, I meant the second set. The real kicker is that right now the Blu-ray set is way cheaper than the two sub-only sets.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Oh cool, Xam'd's getting picked up. Glad to hear this news. I've been wanting to see this series.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
Oh cool, Xam'd's getting picked up. Glad to hear this news. I've been wanting to see this series.

Same here, awesome news, I've been dying to own this and in HD and was really hoping for a dub. Hopefully Rightstuf is right and we're indeed getting a dub because this show easily has the ability to grab the people who watched Eureka Seven too. Can't wait.

Xam'd with a dub, and on Blu-Ray no less, my money is yours S23!
Justp94

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Barbobot wrote:
Glad that Xam'd got licensed, but disappointed that it's by Section23. I figured since sony was also releasing the show stateside via PS3 that we'd be getting a dub when it finally came out here on DVD/BD. I was really looking forward to that, but if it doesn't have a dub I'm not sure how inclined I'll be to buy it.

Anyone know if Xam'd was originally animated in HD or will the blurays most likely be upscales?

Yep, I've seen an HD Trailer for Xam'd Lost Memories on PlayStation 3 amazing visuals! Too bad Sentai got it... But I don't Sony would let them have all rights.... I think Sony and Sentai are workign together on this project.... HOPEFULLY..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ZenErik

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Justp94 wrote:
Barbobot wrote:
Glad that Xam'd got licensed, but disappointed that it's by Section23. I figured since sony was also releasing the show stateside via PS3 that we'd be getting a dub when it finally came out here on DVD/BD. I was really looking forward to that, but if it doesn't have a dub I'm not sure how inclined I'll be to buy it.

Anyone know if Xam'd was originally animated in HD or will the blurays most likely be upscales?

Yep, I've seen an HD Trailer for Xam'd Lost Memories on PlayStation 3 amazing visuals! Too bad Sentai got it... But I don't Sony would let them have all rights.... I think Sony and Sentai are workign together on this project.... HOPEFULLY..

It's going to be dubbed, if that's what you've got your panties in a bunch.

http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/t=0b=5nRa1p4MpsROh/browse/item/88762/4/0/0
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:34 pm Reply with quote
ZenErik wrote:
Justp94 wrote:
Barbobot wrote:

It's going to be dubbed, if that's what you've got your panties in a bunch.

http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/t=0b=5nRa1p4MpsROh/browse/item/88762/4/0/0

Yeah, it's going to be dubbed and on bluray the same day as DVD. It's also quite likely it will play on their VOD channel as well as remain available on the PSN network. What else would you want?

Also, this is an Aniplex show, so I'm guessing Sony passed on it when they couldn't secure a TV deal for it. Either that, or Sony is giving up on anime section of the home video market.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 11 of 11