• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Maria Watches Over Us: Season 4 DVD

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hissatsu01

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Rime of the Ancient Otaku wrote:
I'll get this...if only to see if the Pizza Hut product placements are still in place, I'll get this... Wink

They're still there.
CaptainAvatar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:26 am Reply with quote
Gewürtztraminer wrote:
I went to rate the new series on Netflix and could not find it. Sometimes things can be difficult to find there though.

I noticed over the last year that Netflix seems to be either not carrying a lot of new anime releases and/or putting most in Save or long waits. I finally gave up and cancelled my membership. I might try streaming for a while, but if I am dissatisfied with that, I will pick up a membership with Rent Anime.
agila61

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:21 pm Reply with quote
snl67 wrote:
This season left me frustrated - well, maybe more like agonizingly anxious to see more. I did feel they dragged the choice of Yumi's soeur too much as I was hoping to see them get to her third year.

Compared to some previous seasons they rushed through some of the stories at breakneck speed.

The author says this series is the Sachicko/Fumi story, and ends with the graduation of Sachiko, but has written additional stories since that are not focused inside the student council house.

Quote:
I REALLY hope we see another season!

Another broadcast season seems unlikely. Maybe if the third broadcast season makes enough money they'll do another OVA.

Quote:
I re-watched the first 3 seasons before partaking of this one, and maybe that added to the feeling that the choice was dragged out. I still loved it all, I just want more!
If they included all the side stories from the books, it would have been two series to get to the final choice.
agila61

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Gewürtztraminer wrote:
I went to rate the new series on Netflix and could not find it. Sometimes things can be difficult to find there though.

It officially releases the 6th of July. I'd be surprised if it showed up then, considering that Aria the Origination is already shipping and Netflix does not show a sign of knowing about its existence.
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:38 pm Reply with quote
the review makes it interesting.

Since it's mostly yuri / slice of life genere, I'm definitely buying it.

It'll make a good birthday present for one of my friends who is a lesbian and likes yuri based drama as well as my sister who's a sub only person.

Though I like yuri as the other guy,I wont be watching it since I am a dub pursuit only person. unless right stuff announces an english dub release.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:17 pm Reply with quote
You know, I wonder if we need a much clearer definition of yuri in terms of whether or not to include Class S relationships. Last thing we need is to have someone suggest Marimite if someone wants to get into yuri, but then they get disappointed that it doesn't have the type of romance found in other hetero romances or even yaoi.
agila61

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:46 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
You know, I wonder if we need a much clearer definition of yuri in terms of whether or not to include Class S relationships. Last thing we need is to have someone suggest Marimite if someone wants to get into yuri, but then they get disappointed that it doesn't have the type of romance found in other hetero romances or even yaoi.

Yeah, except for Sei Satō in Forest of Thorns in season one, its all BFF catholic schoolgirl storm in teacup character drama, more like Aria than like Aio Hana, Sasameki Koto or Strawberry!! Panic!!!, but its well done BFF catholic schoolgirl storm in teacup character drama.
JackBassV

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:59 pm Reply with quote
I've been watching Marimite since it was first shown in japan. And I still have no idea why I love it so much. Any yuri is purely though implication, with the exception of Sato Sei. And all you see is a couple of girls kissing. Not exactly hardcore.

I really enjoyed this season, but it does need a 5th season, even if it's to finish the Yumi+Touko pairing. The problem is they released a set of drama cds which continued the story. Unfortunately, my japanese isn't good enough to follow them, and I haven't found any translated scripts for them either.

Now for the bad, well minor bad anyway:
Disc 1 episode 1 has 3 minor timing problems in the Honorific subs. Just a case of someone speaking with out the subs, then the subs briefly appearing 2 or 3 seconds later. Annoying but as I said, minor.

As you can guess, if season 5 is ever made (either for broadcast or direct to DVD/Blueray) I'll definitely be buying it.

JBV^_^
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2