• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Right Stuf's Nozomi Adds So-ra-no-Wo-to, Utena TV

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bahamut623

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:14 pm Reply with quote
kyokun703 wrote:
bahamut623 wrote:
UTENA!!!!!! I was just thinking last night "I hope someone announces Utena at AX." Nice!!! I saw it recently on Anime Network and I fell in love. Totally buying it. Maybe they'll go the extra mile and remaster it a bit???

They have the remastered video from Japan.

Thanks. Didn't see that before. So far, this is the best news from AX for me.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:15 pm Reply with quote
invalidname wrote:
Now all I really need from AX is a license rescue of Royal Space Force at a non-insane price.

Where do you think Bandai's Honneamise label came form? It's a Honneamise title because it's "The Wings of Honneamise". It can't be rescued.

Last edited by walw6pK4Alo on Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
JohnnySake

Wow, that is impressive news. Utena, with remastered video no less (from the Twitter feed) is really great news for everyone who wanted to see it but never had the chance. If this doesn't send a ripple through the anime community, I don't know what would.

There will be a smaller subset of anime fans who will be cheering for SoranoWoto, one of which will be me. I really liked that show and the chance to see it on a release with the quality that Nozomi will provide is an easy thumbs-up preorder as soon as possible for me.

Way to go Nozomi! Wow, 2011 for releases, good things come to those who wait...
GWOtaku

Wow. One of the landmarks of the 90s, and they got it. Nozomi/Rightstuf is the perfect company for this too. The release will be well done, they're going to remaster it....yeah. Wow. This is the best acquisition they've ever done.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:16 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
invalidname wrote:
Now all I really need from AX is a license rescue of Royal Space Force at a non-insane price.

Where do you think Bandai's Honneamise label came form? It's a Honneamise title because it's "The Wings of Honneamise". It can't be rescued.

Bandai no longer distributes the title in the US. I'm sure their Japanese parent would be willing to license the title out again, if someone is willing to pay for it. After all, they tried to license Sola out a second time. Razz

These are great titles for Nozomi. I imagine those CPM OOP Boxsets are going to come down a lot in price...lol

Last edited by dragonrider_cody on Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Northlander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:19 pm Reply with quote
One more for the Sora no Woto fantrain. I recently watched this one on Crunchyroll (being one of the few actually available internationally), and I pretty much liked what I saw. So a DVD release is good news for me.

Unless Viz got dibs on it due to also having the manga, I would also love to see Natsume Yuujinchou/Book of Friends get a DVD box release too.
Polly E.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Really happy to see Sora no Woto get licensed, and so quickly at that. Instant pre-order the moment it's first available.

I wasn't expecting anything from SnW but godawful K-on wannabe garbage, and instead got something with memorable and genuine characters, a richly detailed setting, gorgeous visuals and music, It reminded me a whole lot of Haibane Renmei on a lot of levels, and that's one of my all-time favorites.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:22 pm Reply with quote
THERE IS A GOD!

Who just happens to not be Dios/Akio. ALL HAIL WHATEVER GOD CAUSED THIS UTENA LICENSE TO BE!

Now if you excuse me I have to jump around like the crazy fangirl I am, yelling at random people that ALL of Utena will soon be mine.

Last edited by littlegreenwolf on Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
KanjiiZ

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Don't get too full of yourself Polly, SnW had just as much useless moe garbage as K-On. An episode should not be about a girl wanting to take a piss.

Last edited by KanjiiZ on Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mylene

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Well clearly I am thrilled about the Utena rescue. I regret buying the R2 remastered sets a smidge bit, but only a smidge. I will be one of the first to preorder the Nozomi release.
Quark

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:30 pm Reply with quote
YES! Nozomi, thank you, thank you! Utena so needed to be license rescued, especially with the remasters, and I'm glad it's Nozomi. At least now it'll have some good packaging to go along with the amazing show inside, instead of getting some wimpy single case with the disks all crammed in.
I'm so glad I resisted dropping $300 for the Apocolypse arc set. This so far is the best news to come out of AX! First K-ON!, then Highschool of the Dead, now Utena.

As an aside though, I remember Justin saying that no one should get their hopes up about Utena, as there was something big preventing it from being licensed. I'm still a little curious as to what that was, and glad that Justin was wrong about this one (sorry, Justin)
Polly E.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:32 pm Reply with quote
KanjiiZ wrote:
Don't get too full of yourself Polly, SnW had just as much useless moe garbage as K-On. An episode should not be about a girl wanting to take a piss.

vs 30+ episodes of nothing...
Player No. 3

YES! I missed viewing Utena also; I finally have a chance to add it to my collection. What's not to love about gender-bending surrealism and sword fights? Definite buy for me!

And I've been looking at So-Ra-No-Wo-To for a while now. All in all, great news.

Last edited by Player No. 3 on Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
dragonrider_cody

Quark wrote:

As an aside though, I remember Justin saying that no one should get their hopes up about Utena, as there was something big preventing it from being licensed. I'm still a little curious as to what that was, and glad that Justin was wrong about this one (sorry, Justin)

He did say there was "faint hope" on it though. Nozomi seems to have worked a long time on this one. I'm glad they could pull a deal together for it.
NJ_

For those wondering about the status of the Utena movie:

Quote:
16:15:05 <bay> Q: w.r.t Utena, what are your plans for the movie?
16:15:12 <bay> A: the movie is not the same licensor, we don't have any comment on that

It seems that they didn't get the movie since Enoki USA's not involved with that. That's unfortunate but okay with me since i still have my copy from when i bought it at Rareflix a few months back.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10