• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Right Stuf Inc. & Nozomi Entetainment Industry Panel

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:12 pm Reply with quote
I am now wondering why so long on the Antique Bakery release? The license was announced in 2009, and it won't get released until 2011. That seems like a long time between license and release to me. Was anyone at the panel who asked?
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:17 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Revolutionary Girl Utena Remastered - 2011

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaa--

Quote:
Right Stuf representative Alison Roberts confirmed that the Revolutionary Girl Utena release will feature an English dub, the original dub from the Central Park Media releases.

--aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy aaaaaaaw, dammit. Laughing

Ironic because I just re-bought the first season of that show and was pining for the Remastered DVDs after seeing Software Sculptors' prints and how...terrrrrrible they look. So this is awesome news, although I wish I had known about it a week or so earlier. I'd have waited. Confused
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:45 pm Reply with quote
JesuOtaku wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
Right Stuf representative Alison Roberts confirmed that the Revolutionary Girl Utena release will feature an English dub, the original dub from the Central Park Media releases.

Ironic because I just re-bought the first season of that show and was pining for the Remastered DVDs after seeing Software Sculptors' prints and how...terrrrrrible they look. So this is awesome news, although I wish I had known about it a week or so earlier. I'd have waited. Confused

This made me LOL! Sell the old crap!
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:05 pm Reply with quote
LagannImpact wrote:

This made me LOL! Sell the old crap!

Now that this release is announced, who'd buy the old one unless it went for under $20? I'm sure she paid much more than that to buy it.
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Shame I gotta wait b/tw Dirty Pair sets, but I guess those things take time. I just hope they didn't pay a fortune for Utena, since Justin can tell you how much of a bitch it was to bring the third arc over here, even though CPM had the license. Anyway, re-mastered's nice, too but I'd rather keep my CPM Ikuhara extras. I hope those got through ok. It's also a shame they couldn't get the movie.
kyokun703

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:52 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
I am now wondering why so long on the Antique Bakery release? The license was announced in 2009, and it won't get released until 2011. That seems like a long time between license and release to me. Was anyone at the panel who asked?

They said there were some issues, but those have been solved, and they're free to go ahead now.
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:53 pm Reply with quote
JesuOtaku wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Gah, damn it--I was gonna make the same joke. Mad
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:07 pm Reply with quote
walw: The old one had Ikuni commentary and Q+As, so I definitely would. Fortunately, I already did right before CPM discontinued it. If Right Stuf wants me to double-dip, I'm more willing to if I know they got the rights to the extras.
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:23 am Reply with quote
I'm really happy about Utena getting relicensed. I'm actually quite a fan of the dub (it was one of the first I saw). It will be a definite buy for me.
Crisha

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:46 am Reply with quote
UTENA!! UTENA UTENA UTENA!!!

Between this and Funimation's release announcement (on many different things, but most importantly "Haibane Renmei"), I think I just shouted the loudest "F*CK YEAH!" I have ever shouted. I just, wow, OMG. Son of a *$%^#$^& #$@$%^^&$%^#$% codswipe liver $%@#$^%$@ mother-luving #@$%&%$% right up the #@$%@#$ holy $%#@#$% of my god-forsaken %$#@#^#$@%.

Hot hell, I'm cursing up a storm over here.

Fun Fact: I curse more when I'm excited than when I'm angry.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Innocentsake

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:24 am Reply with quote
The news about Utena is excellent indeed Very Happy It's funny because last year after the Right Stuf panel I had asked Shawne Kleckner if they would ever think of getting the rights to the series and he merely said it was something they would think about.

Dark Lord Kleckner, you made my wish come true! And had I been able to go to the panel I would have been cheering loudest! [The Megumi Nakajima/May'n Concert went longer than planned which of course was excellent but was sad to miss the panel Sad]

But this news definitely makes up for any sadness and is now replaced with joy! I'm also really interested in watching the Original Dirty Pair, ah things couldn't be better <3
Agent355

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:38 am Reply with quote
I've heard so many awesome things about Utena, and now I have the chance to check it out for reals! Very Happy

I wonder how hard it was for them to get it? It was a fan favorite that nobody-even Super!Funimation seemed to be able to get their hands on...

If this is the season for rescue licensing miracles, is it too much to hope for every unfinished CMX manga to be saved? Smile
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:25 pm Reply with quote
If that Dirty Pair is the Original Dirty Pair, TRSI just might get to see my money afterall
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Yep.

Check here
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1