• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Seitokai Yakuindomo (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:27 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
dtm42 wrote:
Bring on season 2. I just hope it is funnier than the OVAs. I don't know if it is just me getting used to the dirty humour, but these OVAs don't feel as funny as the series did. I suspect a lot of it is due to the repetitveness; after all, there are only so many masturbation jokes that can be made. If you've seen two dozen you've kind of seen them all. Or rather, seen so many that they don't have the same punch as they used to. By now the Anime is well-worn and very predictable, so I would like to see season 2 mix things up a bit.

no, it's not just you. While I did laugh at the OVA's, the majority of the jokes did feel bit stale

Still the ova's are bridge between season one and two so i hope nearly everyone got a chance to watch them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:11 pm Reply with quote
I lol'd @ the ending of the final OVA. Someone had a spoiler[little snooze] there. Anyways, fun OVAs. I'll look forward to season 2.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
I lol'd @ the ending of the final OVA. Someone had a spoiler[little snooze] there. Anyways, fun OVAs. I'll look forward to season 2.

suzu is the best SYD girl after all

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Oh the show is back alright, back in full force:

Just like how I remember it. Can't wait for the final OVA also.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:32 pm Reply with quote
So excited, but I'm already fearing the prospect of a long time without more SYD after this ends.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Greeeat, my jumbo jet flies cheerfully!

Man, they really went all out with the return. they wanted no one to have any doubt as to what sort of show they were getting into.

They also went wonderfully overboard with the "Suzu's head" jokes too. Did you see the one where they embellished it with flowers?

Last edited by Spastic Minnow on Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Go Hands is really showing off their animation fetish here.

It's more of the same SYD, but that's hardly a bad thing.

Kotomi is still greatest imouto.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Dat budget increase.

I like how the English in the beginning was so bad the translator had to sub it into understandable English.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Moar of the same, and that is what I like about this series.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Wow the new and improved animation. I bet the fight scene took up 1/3 of the episodes budget.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, GoHands is really impressive when they don't lay on those atrocious and out-of-place color filters. I don't expect the entire show to be this well done, but it should be better than the previous seasons and OVAs.

And to that one flight attendant, yes add that milk please.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:37 am Reply with quote
Yay, second season has landed.

The animation quality was gratuitously good, especially in the opening scene with the plane. There's no way it will keep that up that animation level for long, the next episode will probably be pretty average.

I love the countdowns for the dirty jokes, especially Aria's.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:03 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 1

What graciously over the top animation, they really wanted to come back strong, I wonder if GoHands made some decisions based on what they did with the show they worked on last season. It would appear that the season will be going back through the year that the OVA was doing, although since it started with the first day I am trying to recall if Toki and Kotomi knew each other before hand.

There was large scenic shots, countdowns to dirty jokes, attempted censorship, Nene's "toys", Ranko's shots, and Suzu short jokes including with changing arrows including CG. A new OP which was about evenything they could fit in. Not a new ED yet, although Aoi Haru is actually one of m favourite songs, sadly does not seem like will be done by angela, instead it will be done by Satomi Satou, aka Aria.

This season is called Seitokai Yakuindomo*, I guess like the plenty of censors that put in so that it can be shown. Although they are really pushing some censors.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:07 pm Reply with quote
I think it's possible that they've decided to freeze everyone's year/ages. They've returned for a new year but from now on they just repeat the status quo and no one mentions that they're the same year they were last year.

I forget the last show where this happened, but it's not completely rare for a comedy to do it.
It's a little strange to do now, after they spent so much time setting up that Tsuda was to be the next president after Shino and Aria graduate.

To figure it out without reading the manga I guess we can pay attention to the next episode preview adaptation notes. In episode 11 of the first season they said that episode 12 was adapting some late pages in Volume 2 of the manga. In this episode's preview they said the next episode was adapting pages from volume 7. So, in the least, you know they aren't just adapting skipped stories from the same volumes adapted in the manga.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:50 am Reply with quote
so pleased this is back

Spastic Minnow wrote:

I forget the last show where this happened, but it's not completely rare for a comedy to do it.

Yuru Yuri did that
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5