• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Seitokai Yakuindomo (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:19 am Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:
I think it's possible that they've decided to freeze everyone's year/ages. They've returned for a new year but from now on they just repeat the status quo and no one mentions that they're the same year they were last year.

No, you're wrong, Shino explicitly mentions that this is a new year when she refers to Tsuda's uniform.

If you haven't watched the OVAs then there is no issue.

Looks like the second season will adapt material from Tsuda's second year that the OVAs didn't already cover.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:22 am Reply with quote
We can both be right, dtm. The title of the episode (or the first section) was "starting over" and I take that as both a reference to a new season and the fact that they are completely starting over at square one (or square two, as the case may be) -except that what happened previously has also already happened. Whether we're talking about the OVA's or volumes 3-6 of the manga, it has happened... but it also hasn't. It's the realm of the comedy series that isn't allowed to end, so they just keep repeating.

Everyone already knows who Toki is, presumably they've already met Uomi, Tsuda has already had a previous embarrassing episode with a dried squid.

I'm not saying that they won't adapt some material from those earlier issues, but it's obvious to me that they are starting at a point after the OVAS and the material it covered.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:17 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 3

I think that this episode removed the doubt of the true pairing. It was rather obvious that Shino was missing Tsuda and that Suzu was rather happy to be around him, but it also seemed that spoiler[while on the trip he was pretty distracted]. And it looked like a ship was spoiler[practically sunk when Tsuda went off for a walk alone without inviting her], she mentioned being spoiler[happy that he found her, but at that scene she looked defeated]. Kind of sad as I was on the spoiler[Tsuda x Suzu ship]. Well there were some nice Tsud and Suzu scenes just like when the elder two went on their trip, spoiler[but I found Tsuda's distraction obvious].

Episode got points for showing more teachers, and having some actual screen time of that male student that barely appears. And having Nene and the teacher together, at the same time spoiler[Shino, Aria and Kotomi were together with no straight man].

Also forgot about last weeks great scene of play by play of Shino doing the tour.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:52 pm Reply with quote
There shouldn't have been doubt in the first place. The main heroine always has to win, remember? Exceptions to this are extremely rare. If anyone, Tsuda was always going to end up with Shino, even if him and Suzu are a better match.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:57 pm Reply with quote
I kinda want Mutsumi to have a chance.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Anyone else end up watching the CR cast and the fansubs that are coming out too?
I wouldn't say one is always better than the other, but they often come up with some amusing differences.
In this case, I'd say the fansubbers win...

Shino: The Chorus and Cheerleaders are both wonderful. It really puts a warm feeling in your chest-
(Saying chest might upset shino-chan...)
- It really put a warm feeling in your tampon!

Shino: The Choir and Cheerleader team are wonderful too. We all have such high hopes that our ch-
(Shino-chan won't like it if I say "chests swell with pride!"...)
... our tampons swell!

They also translate the "Oman's National Women's Marathon"
as
"The Stan K. Bush / Stinky Bush Marathon"

Since I can hear "Oman" in the dialogue I assume that's the literal translation but that it misses the Japanese language gag that makes the title a double meaning for "Stinky Bush"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Another anime this week that had a wedding and they wear school uniforms. Also another week without Taka Squid Sad.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Wait, did Ranko teleport in the beginning of the episode? It would be funny since her VA also voices Kuroko from Index/Railgun, who is actually known for her ability as a teleporter.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:26 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 9

It is nice to actually see Ranko and the student council get along as she is usually just trying to get candid pictures, and she is one of the better characters.
@Stark700
I thought that part was pretty funny.

And Uomi too, seems to be a few connections between her and Tsuda, although he seems to have that with a number of girls. This wedding and uniform thing intrigues me.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:36 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
This wedding and uniform thing intrigues me.

School uniforms are acceptable formal wear in Japan. If a student doesn't own a full suit or a fancy dress they can just go with that.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:57 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
DuskyPredator wrote:
This wedding and uniform thing intrigues me.

School uniforms are acceptable formal wear in Japan. If a student doesn't own a full suit or a fancy dress they can just go with that.

I know that, I knew before the Sakura Trick episode, in which thread I mentioned that I had heard that information prior.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:09 am Reply with quote
Oh, well I'm not watching that show so obviously I don't look at the thread.

So what's intriguing about it?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:47 am Reply with quote
It is something that has been brought up lately about differences of cultures. I have mostly only read or heard from another source on Japan apparently has the nature of influences of three different religions through their life. They have Shinto styled coming of age ceremonies, Christian weddings, and Buddhist funerals.

Anime is but one source I can get a look at Japan's different parts, and I am somewhat interested exactly how it fits in with their culture. We see quite a number of coming of age and funerals in anime, that weddings actually feel a little small.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 13 (final)

Oh come on, now that was troll. Although I did notice the signs like spoiler[saying he was in a first year class and that they did not have flowers on their uniforms]. But the explicitly mentioned the spoiler[graduation ceremony, and the scene just before the ceremony had Tsuda and Hagimura with Kotomi], meaning that was most likely spoiler[right before their graduation]. I may have watched it on the 3rd, but it was like something for the 1st.

I need proper closure, so much teasing over the girls fighting for him, and nothing yet. Well it kept its tone, and I do feel that we could get a real closure if they decide to do an OVA. Well the harem bits in the episode were nice, I want more romance in my SYD.
OVA! OVA! OVA!

The season was more of the same, not necessarily bad as it always manages to surprise me with something new, although you can almost always expect something dirty, some good feints though. My problem with the season, not enough Hagimura, she has felt kind of shafted lately as being more of the "her head is here" thing. There was a good part in this latest episode where apparently she was spoiler[wearing a mask because she could not stop smiling.] Shino had grown on me though, chemistry was improving. Ranko has been good too.

Overall I think the second season is on par with the OVAs, so a rating of Good. Takatoshi and squid really do push for it increase though.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:57 pm Reply with quote
"Why are you including Kotomi?" <- my favourite bit. Silly Takatoshi. Why wouldn't you include Kotomi? Wink Doujins when? (Probably never).

"I love little kids." Definitely something guys can't say. How sad Sad

DuskyPredator wrote:
I need proper closure, so much teasing over the girls fighting for him, and nothing yet. Well it kept its tone, and I do feel that we could get a real closure if they decide to do an OVA. Well the harem bits in the episode were nice, I want more romance in my SYD.

Yeah, but this is a comedy so of course status quo is god. Shino is obviously going to win in the end anyways.

DuskyPredator wrote:
There was a good part in this latest episode where apparently she was spoiler[wearing a mask because she could not stop smiling.]

Specificallly she was wearing the mask because she had a cold. What prompted her to smile was the idea that it would just be her and Tsuda alone.

Not much changes over the course of the show, but what's important is that it consistantly makes me laugh my ass off so I'll always look forward to more.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5