• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Announces Partial English Cast for Hetalia

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackJaded

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:06 pm Reply with quote
MeggieMay wrote:
Charred Knight wrote:

What's important in voice acting is location, for example the character JYB played in the first FMA anime was in one episode, he could have done that in a very short time period, and not need to stay in Texas for a long time. Also because Hohenheim's role was severely reduced in the first FMA anime they where able to get Scott Mcneil who works in Vancouver.

One problem with this is the part JYB did in Beck was major (character is in at least 3/4 of the show). Also, JYB has mentioned (I think I saw this in con vids on YT) that his family is original from Texas and he actually doesn't have a issue with going back and working in Texas because of this. So while it is unlikely JYB is going to play one of the major character in Hetaila just because we've pretty much ruled him out from the clips, he can't be ruled out of Funimation dubs like some of the other L.A. actors are due to location and union issues. There are actually a few non-Texas based actors who are showing up more often in Funi dubs and Johnny has been one of them in the past (a couple of the others are Stephanie Sheh and Patrick Seitz).

Last and OT for a moment, Trigun wasn't a Union dub and I can't think of any of the main character's VA's who's gone Union only since so they could conceivably be in the movie dub.

Well I have a problem about this too, I may have a problem with the Union as well maybe because they have been silent nor not getting involved with alot of projects lately. Something is telling me they have been into a halt or getting into trouble also. Is SAC (Screen Actors Guild) just international or national?
RavenRayRose

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Yay! I am so excited now! Lately there have been animes that are getting licensed but not dubbed (glares at Sentai Filmworks) so I'm super happy that Hetalia is getting dubbed. I just love Ita-chan and I can't wait to see Canada!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9