• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Manga Factory Clarifies Status, Current Plans

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard J.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:31 pm Reply with quote
So basically they're just selling some stock right now and have no concrete plans to acquire any of the licenses or possibly even further stock?

Then they're like a start-up online retailer? Confused
LKK

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
it has no access to Aurora's inventory, nor rights over any of Aurora's licenses.

That's disappointing to hear. I had hoped that they would finish up some of Aurora's incomplete stories.
Kalessin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:58 pm Reply with quote
I'd assume that they intend to start licensing manga and would probably like to get their hands on at least some of the licenses that Aurora has, but all that takes time and money. They probably got their hands on the manga that they're currently selling in order to make some money without having any licenses yet. Still, it is a bit odd and arguably gives the wrong impression about what licenses they have. With what they currently doing, they look like a distributor who'd like to start licensing manga rather than a manga publisher without licenses yet.

In any case, I can't imagine that they don't intend to license any manga. They just don't have any licensed yet, and so they don't yet have any plans to release any manga that they've licensed. Hopefully they manage to survive long enough to actually start publishing stuff.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1