• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Air Gear, Black Rock Shooter, Love Live, Yozakura Promos Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:12 pm Reply with quote
You know, as time goes on, I am more and more curious about Black Rock Shooter. The trailer looks pretty badass.
Donpablo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Oh man I can't wait for the Air Gear Special! Hopefully this does well enough to warrant a new season of some sort.
kill-chan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:21 pm Reply with quote
the art of Yozakura Quartet TV series was a lot closer than this OAD's. Surprised
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Donpablo wrote:
Oh man I can't wait for the Air Gear Special! Hopefully this does well enough to warrant a new season of some sort.

Me too, I just finished watching Air Gear few weeks ago and when I saw the ending I was like why didn't they make a second season. I wanted to know if Ikki and Ringo ever went out on a date, same thing for Emily and Kazu. I'm a bit of a sucker for romance story (I'm a dude BTW). I can't believe Air Gear ended like that no second season, but I'm glad to see a OAD made for the series. I like the animation from looking at the trailer (kudo to Satelight for the animation). I would love Funimation to pick up the OAD and probably make it either DVD or internet streaming via Youtube.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
nyarine

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:20 pm Reply with quote
They're turning Yozakura into a moeblob anime. Anime hyper

Though, a stricter adherence to the story is nice.
bahamut623

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:46 pm Reply with quote
I'm excited for the Yozakura OAD because Ryochimo is directing. I love his work, but I don't think he's ever directed anything, so it'll be interesting to see how that goes.
egoist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
On Wednesday, Nico Nico Douga and YouTube also began streaming the first 16-second promotional commercial video for "Bokura no Live Kimi to no Live,"...

Apparently "This video has been removed by the user."

Air Gear seems weird. The characters aged even though the anime ended incomplete... I suppose that's why it's not called "sequel". Always wondered why it never had a second season; it seemed popular enough overseas, and contained enough cuties to attract a Japanese audience. Oh, well. We're better off with Ikkitousen living upto its name and getting 1000 sequels.
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:43 am Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
Quote:
On Wednesday, Nico Nico Douga and YouTube also began streaming the first 16-second promotional commercial video for "Bokura no Live Kimi to no Live,"...

Apparently "This video has been removed by the user."

Air Gear seems weird. The characters aged even though the anime ended incomplete... I suppose that's why it's not called "sequel".
Uh....you do know that even though the anime ended, the actual manga has not as of yet, right? The OAD isn't showing off some random fight, it's an actual fight that happened in the manga. A bit of time had passed by in the manga, so that's why they look older(somewhat).

Anyway, on that topic, I'm so ready for this OAD--it looks pretty damn good so far. Since Air Gear--despite it's cancellation--is one of my favorite anime, you can imagine how much I'm excited for it.

Which reminds me, I gotta get that new Box Set they just released.... Surprised
Big Hed

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:10 am Reply with quote
kill-chan wrote:
the art of Yozakura Quartet TV series was a lot closer than this OAD's. Surprised

True, and oddly enough if you ask me. Having said that the new look they're going for is pretty appealing.

nyarine wrote:
They're turning Yozakura into a moeblob anime. Anime hyper

Nah, don't think so--Ao's design maybe being an exception. Hime on the other hand I didn't recognize at first; she seems to have more of a badass thing going on now.

The Air Gear OAD I'm also looking forward to. Been a few years since I saw the series, so something new would be nice. I was wondering if fanservice was going to be a big part of it, then I clicked on the link to the website... seriously, I think that Ringo would be wearing a bra while she was skating. Razz
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1