• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei GN 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RiskyTheShinigami

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:03 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The credit for that goes as much to the translation as it does to the source material, as it takes a good ear for the language to bring out that black humor in English.

I am so happy for this note. Translators get so ignored in the localization process.
utawoutau

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:48 am Reply with quote
I am always surprised when I hear good things about Zetsubou Sensei. I watched a handful of episodes from the anime and was so turned off by the constant declaration of despair that I didn't think I could stomach it anymore.
hacksawlol

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:24 am Reply with quote
I can't wait to see a dvd review of this. I think the dvd is gonna be release sometime at the end of this month.
kyokun703

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:48 am Reply with quote
hacksawlol wrote:
I can't wait to see a dvd review of this. I think the dvd is gonna be release sometime at the end of this month.

Where did you get this information? Or are you in another country other than US? 'Cause Right Stuf has no date yet for release, even though it was supposed to be out in May.
ZenErik

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:07 pm Reply with quote
I hope Media Blasters still has the license. The silence has been Sad ...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:15 pm Reply with quote
ZenErik wrote:
I hope Media Blasters still has the license. The silence has been Sad ...

They do. They canceled the first volume release because they're releasing this show with their upcoming "straight-to-13 episodes set" release plan for all their new shows. Yup, Media Blasters finally caught up with FUNi, Sentai, etc. on modern release strategy.
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:38 pm Reply with quote
I totally agree about the humor being hit-or-miss, because this was the volume that finally made me drop the series. Maybe it's a cultural thing or I'm just not getting something, but it's never a good thing when reading something becomes just a chore.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:02 pm Reply with quote
I've fallen behind on this series truthfully. I have only the first 3 volumes. I feel bad for not keeping up when the 6th volume has been out for a while. I don't intend to drop the series of course because I've gotten into the bizarre sense of humor this series is known for, but I need to find the time to continue it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1