• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Amagami SS & SS+ (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:26 am Reply with quote
I enjoyed the little Tsukasa ark, I was kind of surprised that things were solved relativly easilly. She came off as pretty smart that she figured out Junichi did not really really mean to do anything, and they both had confidence in each other. And some actual couple moments.

I totally forgot that Rihoko and Junichi did not manage to become a couple in her ark, hopefully that will be resolved, end of ep gives some hope. And we are actually in summer this time, kind of wierd as a series that spent the entire time in winter.

Can't get enought of the OP song, in my opinion the cachiest this season, except maybe that pirate one.
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:51 am Reply with quote
Just finish watching the Rihoko arc.

And i'm crying. Why?

spoiler[Rihoko finally got her happy ending! The confession between Junichi and Rihoko was beautiful and i couldn't help but cry happily seeing this. After getting "friendzoned" in the 1st season, Rihoko finally got her guy.]

Next arc is Ai's.
Volibear

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:27 am Reply with quote
did anyone else feel slightly disappointed by Rihoko's arc? i don't mean the ending cause its how the first series should have ended but it didn't feel all that great crammed into 2 episodes like that, it just sorta happened then ended
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:09 pm Reply with quote
In the end it is probably the weakest "route." It's kind of the "settling" route in which Junichi ends up with the safest girl who doesn't challenge him at all.

But I see it this way, the thing about this series is that Junichi himself is different in each route, according to the girl. He ends up with the girl who doesn't challenge him not becasue he hasn't been challenged but becasue in this route he simply isn't the type of guy who measures up to a challenge. He's not more ambitious in the Tsukasa arc because he wants to impress her, it simply is true that in that arc he has an ambitious and forward side that she appreciates. If he was truly an ambitious and forward acting person he would be frustrated with Rihoko.

Like in a game like this, you would naturally choose a girl according to your tastes, because you are a different person than the one who would choose someone else.

So, while I find the conversation aboutspoiler[ the two of them being similarly aimless about their future at such a late date] a little sad, I have to admit it sets up a great final pay-off. Basically...spoiler[ "I don't know what I want to do with my future, but I know I want to spend it with you."] That is a great sentiment and a great way to end it... wish they could have done it the first time around.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Xanas

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:25 pm Reply with quote
I think your argument that we have a different Junichi in each route is the same thing I've been thinking. And as for this particular route, I'd have to agree it was a weaker one.

Still, I did find it pleasant and it was a good contribution to the previous storyline that they setup, so I liked it quite a bit.

I still think Rihoko's my least favorite girl, just because she isn't really that interesting. I still do find parts of her appealing though, there is a lot of comfort to come from someone like her, not being challenged may be boring in some ways, but she is also not someone you would expect to have a lot of battles with and I'm sure she would be good support.
RGaspar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Ok, time to catch up with you guys.

I've just seen the first season like a week ago, and now I'm up to date with the current airing.

So, regarding the first season my favorite girls would be: Sae (Best fan-service of the whole series) Rihoko (I've just found her so adorable) Tsukasa (Probably, my fav arc overall) Haruka (Wacky and forced as hell, but at least the girl was cute) Kaoru and Ai (Booooring stories, so-so girls).

I'd have liked a special arc for Manaka Hiba, though. That girl below.

Current Season: The extended ending for Tsukasa was fine and dandy, I liked it. But Rihoko's arc...for some reason it was very boring (and I'm probably the only guy that liked her arc in the first season)
shabaz92

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Is it just me, or does the entire 2nd season feel like a group of DVD specials packed into a tv series. In the first series, with Tsukasa,spoiler[ we already know they end up married and have kids]. The tension they tried to create in her arc kinda fell flat.

I liked Rihoko's arc better since spoiler[the two finally kissed and got together.] But I'm unsure how the other girls will fair.

Still I like the show and characters enough and will continue to watch. I just wished they would have used the 2nd season to highlight additional girls. Maybe even a new male lead(though that is probably really asking for too much).
Xanas

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Well, I suppose you can look at it that way and I didn't know what to expect myself, but I like what they are doing.

If I wanted a different lead and different girls I'd watch a different show (and I do that too...) but I don't really expect them to change everything.

I kind of like putting some in-between stories behind the later scenes we saw in the original (except with Rihoko, who didn't get that ending at all).
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:08 pm Reply with quote
I just finish watching Ai's arc. My God, Ai and Junichi are such an loving couple.

So spoiler[it's been a year since Ai and Junichi became a couple. Junichi since got kinky with his girlfriend(Morning Wake up by Makeout anyone? Smile ) and has been studying hard to go to university and attending cram school. This shows how much he wants to be a better man for his girl. Ai can't wait to go on their Christmas Eve date but unfortunately, Junichi has to attend Cram School training camp on the same day as their date. Ai is sad she can't spend her Christmas eve with Junichi after the Founder's festival but what do you know, Junichi came after sneaking out from camp! I got to hand it to him, it take guts to escape training camp and be with your girlfriend. Way to go man! After a fun time dating and treating Ai with a new coat, Junichi promises to always love Ai no matter their current cirsutsances. Aww. Cue the kiss and epilogue of them watching the fireworks together at his apartment.

PS:
*Umehara, your a true bro. Tricking those camp teachers looking for Junichi even though he himself has no date is a sign of real friend.
*So looks like Miya is getting frisky with Sae. Nishishi!
*Well that was awkward. Not only did Ai and Junichi found themselves in the redlight district and meeting their teacher coming out from one of the love hotel, but Umehara unintentionally hitting on her at that place as well. lol Laughing ]

And next up is...wait! "Sexhair" Kaoru!? Hooray!!
Xanas

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Kaoru really? Hmm.. thought they were going in reverse order, but looks like it's one off of that. I'm kind of curious what their order decision was based on then.
RGaspar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Xanas wrote:
Kaoru really? Hmm.. thought they were going in reverse order, but looks like it's one off of that. I'm kind of curious what their order decision was based on then.

Bump!

Popularity, maybe? Now that Sae is the second to last, Haruka will be the final girl. It seems like they wanted to end it with a bang, or something, unless Haruka's popularity dropped off a lot since the last time I checked...

Btw...don't make me feel like I'm the only guy watching this till the end D= * With The voice of a machine in Portal 2 * Please, respond.
It's so sad Razz
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:08 pm Reply with quote
It just feels somewhat sad that Junichi has not really progressed much in his relationships, and that his girlfriend hits him and verbally abuses him for things out of his control.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Hmm according to my sources, there will be a final one episode arc featuring spoiler[Miya Tachibana] after all the other 6 two episode arcs are finished.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:49 pm Reply with quote
hmm, that was probably the low point of these sequel arcs so far. He and Kaoru came off as idiots in that one, and both seemingly regressed in their relationship. When we left off they were kissing in a the snow, licking navels and sleeping together in the same bed- when we join up with them again they blush spoiler[at the thought of adjoining futons] and the girl who seemingly wants to get closer as lovers spoiler[will beat him when he gets a peak in a onsen or a glance in a wet shirt]... oh well- they always had a bit of an S&M thing going on- it was in the first episode of their first arc that she hit him so hard he was rendered unconscious and sent to the nurses office for accidentally seeing her panties.
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Whoa. This thread needs an update. So arcs have already finished and this is what happen.

Kaoru arc
spoiler[Kaoru and Junichi are still the playful pair as ever but Kaoru is unsure if they are still good friends or boyfriend-girlfriend. To figure it out, she has bus sight seeing trip with him. With a lot of teasing in this arc(like Junchi and Kaoru "kissing" with chocolate in late night while those in the bus watching Wink ), both of them have a fight after their bus left them and their out of money. However, they forgive each other and spend a romantic time together at the beach which ended with them making out on the beach Embarassed . Luckily, Umehara is there to help them go home. By the time they come back to school, both of them confirmed their relationship with each other.]

Sae arc
spoiler[It''s been ten months that Sae and Junichi became a couple but many still can't believe he's dating Sae, who has become confident now which has made her popular. He tries to bring lunch for them but realize he doesn't what food she likes. However, he gets his confidence back after Miya tells him that Sae is going to a marriage meeting which they go to stop it only to realize Miya misheard Sae as the meeting was actually between her dog and her cousin's dog. Nevertheless, she's glad he came since it just proves how much he loves her. After Miya gets Sae elected to run the Founder's Festival, Junchi vows the help her anyway he can. Sae at first is able to run the festival planning with Tsukasa's help with Junichi doing a documentary about the whole thing but she later runs in trouble like clubs over spending their budgets for the festival and not enough equipment. With Junichi as her moral support, Sae is able to fix those problems until the day festival starts. With her job over, Sae ask Juncihi to give her a Christmas present, a kiss from him. Awww... Eight years later, Sae and Junichi are married with a daughter and Sae pregnant with their second child.]

Haruka arc
spoiler[This might be best arc of the season. Haruka wants Junichi to propose to her on graduation day, a family tradition that her British grandparents and her cousin, Jessica Morishima, but doesn't want to force him. After roleplaying as a family with Hibiki, Junichi unintentionally upsets Haruka after he refuse to tell how he would have propose to Haruka. In a surprise, Jessica has arrive in Japan for Haruka's graduation ceremony. Knowing the relationship between Haruka and Junichi, she helps speed things up for the two. When Junichi learns Haruka is going to England after her graduation ceremony and Jessica claims she's staying there permanently and he shouldn't be speaking to her, Juncihi is unsure what to do until he has an epiphany. On the day of the graduation ceremony, much to everyone surprise, Junichi doing the congratulation speech to the graduating seniors. After doing that, he starts a personal speech aim to Haruka. In one of the most heartwarming things i ever seen, Junichi tells how they first meet and the many memories they made together and wants to more of them. And what has the be the greatest thing he has ever done, Junichi, in front of the audience, tells Haruka he loves her and wants to marry her! The crowd goes wild! Haruka, overcome with joy, runs up to Junichi, hugs and tells him she loves him too and yes, she will marry him! They kiss and the crowds cheering for the two! And it turns out Jessica lied about the England thing as Haruka is actually going there to visit her grandparents fro a week. Nevertheless, she's happy and so is everyone else...well no everyone poor Risa....and pissed off Tsukasa. The arc ends with Haruka and Junichi's wedding day. So sweet, this has to be the best arc of the season. Way the go you two.]

And next, the season finale, a Miya episode special....at the hot springs with the rest of the female casts! Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7