• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds Hetalia World Series, Strike Witches 2

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EricDent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Well that was quick! Strike Witches 2 that is! YEAH!
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:35 pm Reply with quote
I am somewhat surprized that Ookami is even licensed and will actually have a English audio. This is fantastic news though, I seriously thought this series would end up in the non licensed part of anime.

Why? Because as much as I am enjoying this series, I would have figured Bandai would licensed and of course, without a English audio.

Great job Funimation, I look forward to picking this series up.
Ichigo069

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Main Article wrote:

The city is in the middle of preparations for a special harvest festival for the mysterious energy source known as Ēru

Note to Funi... it's 'Ale' not 'Ēru'.

fuzaco wrote:
It's propably only me, but I don't like how everything get licensed. I don't live in the USA, so I can't watch any of these streamings legally (not even RC, because my small country isn't supported there either), but the fansub groups will stop because of the license. In the end, there will be no fansubs, so everyone beside americans will be left without new anime.

lrn2proxy.
Wink

the Rancorous wrote:

...the similarities between Toradora and Ookami-san start with a school-setting and end with Ookami's character design (which only vaguely resembles Taiga's) with nothing in between...

>vaguely resembles
what is this i don't even...

Dunno about you, but the only thing that looks /dis-similar/ is the height and the clothing, but hell, what do I know...

Sigh, desu~
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:38 pm Reply with quote
More noteworthy snags from Funimation, as they get ready to have a banner year in 2011?

Heck, I'm just looking forward to Trigun, Black Lagoon, Hellsing, and Eva, man!
doubleO7

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:24 pm Reply with quote
mabber36 wrote:
doubleO7 wrote:
mabber36 wrote:
high school of the dead is worth more than all of the anime funi licensed this season together

Thats just your opinion, which I don't agree with.

HOTD is a pretty cool show but IMO:
Strike Witches 2, Eva 2.0, Summer Wars, DTB2, Railgun/Index, Black Lagoon, tons of Geneon rescues > Highschool of the Dead

only strike witches 2 is from this season, and it's not very good

Yeah, I know Strike Witches 2 is the only one that was released this season but if you had actually read the post that I had quoted you would have seen that mabber36 said "all of the anime funi licensed this season" which all of the series/movies I listed were. The fact that Strike Witches 2 is the only one of those to be released this season is completely irrelevant.
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Ichigo069 wrote:
Main Article wrote:

The city is in the middle of preparations for a special harvest festival for the mysterious energy source known as Ēru

Note to Funi... it's 'Ale' not 'Ēru'.

fuzaco wrote:
It's propably only me, but I don't like how everything get licensed. I don't live in the USA, so I can't watch any of these streamings legally (not even RC, because my small country isn't supported there either), but the fansub groups will stop because of the license. In the end, there will be no fansubs, so everyone beside americans will be left without new anime.

lrn2proxy.
Wink

the Rancorous wrote:

...the similarities between Toradora and Ookami-san start with a school-setting and end with Ookami's character design (which only vaguely resembles Taiga's) with nothing in between...

>vaguely resembles
what is this i don't even...

Dunno about you, but the only thing that looks /dis-similar/ is the height and the clothing, but hell, what do I know...

Sigh, desu~

I don't know, man. At first glance, they look the same but at the same time, Ookami-sama just looks like Toradora a few years older. But like you said, what do I know? -_-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:32 pm Reply with quote
I'm starting to think Ookami-san is some sort of parody of their other JC Staff works. Not only does Ryouko looks almost exactly like a taller Taiga, but you also have this...

And someone showed me a character from a recent episode... and I could only think that was Kanzaki from Index. She had one high knee sock that mimicked Kanzaki's one sided cutoff pants and the belt of the girl was almost exactly like how Kanzaki wears her belt.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4