• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bandai Entertainment Industry Panel [2010-07-31]

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CG-LOVER

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:47 pm Reply with quote
I'll honestly say that I did not expect this. When I saw that there would be two announcements at the con on Bandai's site, I had been hoping (as I had been for a while now) that Bandai would be picking up Gundam 00: Awakening of the Trailblazer (I'm sure they'll do it eventually though). I did not see the new My-Otome prequel coming (though I probably should have), and I am glad about that. I will surely be buying that when it comes out.

The same goes for the second Unicorn OVA too of course.

I don't really have any interest in K-ON!, and I've never really heard of Sora Kake Girl so I doubt I'll be picking those up.

The idea of Bandai getting the original Gundam is very intriguing, I hope they do get a hold of it.

Overall, good job Bandai.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Asrialys

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Yay for K-ON dub with Sheh and Vee!

Haha, it's too bad Bandai Entertainment doesn't often do episode commentaries because I'd like to hear either US or Japanese voice actors' reactions to voicing Endless Eight.

And yay for Mai-Otome 0~S.ifr! Since it's a whole new cast of characters, I doubt we'll be seeing a dub :/ Hope it comes in Blu-Ray though...
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:32 am Reply with quote
I wonder why they had a stack of Lucky Star t-shirts to give away ^^;

Did they all look like this by any chance?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Paploo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:49 am Reply with quote
CG-LOVER wrote:

The idea of Bandai getting the original Gundam is very intriguing, I hope they do get a hold of it.

Overall, good job Bandai.

They did just reissue the movie trilogy on DVD.... I'm curious if they'll be able to get subbed rights from Sunrise, though I think it'll be nice if they can at least get permission to reissue the existing dub only dvd's in boxsets. They've been unavailable for awhile [have em already myself, but know lots of folks who don't]
Asrialys

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:

lol If so, then you'd just need the two CDs and you'd have the entire LE right there (without the box) Razz
bayoab

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:

Blue, and not the swimsuit or sweatsuit.
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Napton gave away a Gurren-Lagann banner signed by Kamina voice actor Hiroshi Kamiya.

Which title did he voice Kamina in?
I've liked Katsuyuki Konishi since he did Demon-Eyes Kyo in Samurai Deeper Kyo & Amidamaru in Shaman King. Kamina is, for me, one of my less fav roles, but it is Konishi in all the versions I'm aware of.
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
At the panel's opening, each seat had a t-shirt folded on it, mostly from the TV anime Lucky Star, but also from several other Bandai titles.

Not every seat, mine was empty. Sad I'm guessing someone swiped it before I sat down (I was on the aisle about half way down in a .hack//Roots shirt). But it's all good, I had a friend waiting in a line outside and one of the Bandai guys came by with a box of shirts handing them out at random, he managed to snag me one of the Lucky Star sweatsuit shirts. Very Happy

Quote:
The final question was whether the Gundam 00 movie would be released in the U.S. Iyadomi said that they couldn't announce anything at this time.

Yeah, but Napton said he didn't know there was a movie so I wouldn't expect it to come any time soon.

CCSYueh wrote:
Quote:
Napton gave away a Gurren-Lagann banner signed by Kamina voice actor Hiroshi Kamiya.

Which title did he voice Kamina in?

Pretty sure it wasn't him. I think it was Katsuyuki Konishi, they showed a picture of him in a great Kamina cosplay at AX last month.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
omoikane

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:49 am Reply with quote
Not every seat had one, but you could have gone up and ask for one after the panel was over, because I think they didn't want anyone leave empty-handed. This was what they said...

The shirts were mostly those lucky star gag things, and some eureka 7 shirts.

Quote:
I think it was Katsuyuki Konishi

Yeah, it was Konishi. They even showed pictures of him in Kamina cosplay lol.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1