• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragon Crisis! Light Novels' TV Anime Listed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:02 pm Reply with quote
For something launched in 2007 I'd expect a little more originality... or not.

Re-written:
Quote:
The [insert random attribute here] "girl" turns out to be a [insert random thing here] who is inexplicably fixated with [insert random name here] — following him even when bathing and sleeping. [insert random name again] has to protect the girl from the [insert bad guys here] and others.

Oh, is it Sekirei? I suppose I just created a fun guessing game.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Could that girl be the legendary Blue-eyed White Dragon!!!

duh duh duuuuuuuuuuuuh
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Scirel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Dosen`t being a successful Novel mean having to rely on actual storytelling and not random moe fanservice to become successful?

Are otaku so desperate that they would buy a novel purely for the cover illustration and 5 or 6 insert pictures?
H0shi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:22 pm Reply with quote
wait, isn't that Championne Light Novel series beside the Dragon Crisis announcement???????

Will the other one be animated also????????
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Sakagami Tomoyo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Scirel wrote:
Dosen`t being a successful Novel mean having to rely on actual storytelling and not random moe fanservice to become successful?

Are otaku so desperate that they would buy a novel purely for the cover illustration and 5 or 6 insert pictures?

Fanservice doesn't necessarily have to take the form of pictures. If the "plot" of a novel is little more than a bunch of attractive girls fawning over one unremarkable guy, that sure as hell is fanservice even without a single illustration.
Big Hed

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
... following him even when bathing and sleeping.

Yes. Yes of course she does.

Egoist was right. I swear, so many of the announcements we see these days are almost interchangeable. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but it sure ain't good either.

The King of Harts wrote:
Could that girl be the legendary Blue-eyed White Dragon!!!

duh duh duuuuuuuuuuuuh

I'm so glad this only makes sense to me because a friend of mine used to play the TCG. Razz
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:38 pm Reply with quote
This sounds so riveting and unique. And the main characters name is Ryuuji! How clever! I cannot wait. I for one am simply ecstatic to see how they translate these oh so creative character designs to an anime.
LeanGreen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:10 pm Reply with quote
zanarkand princess wrote:
This sounds so riveting and unique. And the main characters name is Ryuuji! How clever! I cannot wait.

Oh... Oh my god. I didn't even notice that. That... That's so cheesy. Good god, make it stop. This thing has a zero percent chance of being good. I can't believe money is being spent on something like this. Well, I can since it's been happening for a while now, but I'd like to think that this is a ridiculous turn of events and not the norm... Crying or Very sad
sukochi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:10 pm Reply with quote
I've seen the boards and settings for Dragon Crisis, and as far as the background art work is concerned, its pretty good....lots of cool places.....quality is pretty high....the art director works in the booth next to me.....he's still busy drawing the settings at this very moment.....(Mr. Itou)
OtakuExile

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Tell Mr. Itou that the actual otaku around here welcome Dragon Crisis with open arms. I can't wait. Very Happy Those blue eyes are nice.
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:09 am Reply with quote
uuuuurgggggh~...
Kalessin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:54 am Reply with quote
This is a prime example of where we need to know the actual story (be it by reading the original novels or by watching the anime or whatever) in order to actually have any clue as to whether it's any good. The basic setup is obviously not terribly original or unique, but that doesn't necessarily say much about whether the actual story is good. It could easily be taken somewhere new and exciting with very original characters, or it could be a total rehash of all the stories that have similar premises.

The description of the story only tells us how this particular story starts and certainly doesn't tell us anything about where it's going. Hopefully it's actually good, but I think that it's quite clear that we're going to have to actually see it to know whether it's totally derivative or whether it's just its premise which is derivative. It could go either way. Let's hope that it's actually good.
configspace

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:31 am Reply with quote
But so many of the things we do enjoy are derivative though. Take music for example. If you analyze the songs you like, I bet many actually "sound the same". Something can still be very enjoyable while still being unoriginal. If you really don't want something derivative, then you'd have to go into the experimental realm.

Anyways, I look forward to checking out Dragon Crisis.
Pedestrian A

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:35 am Reply with quote
Am I the only one disturbed by her ridiculously large blue eyes? I mean, look at that size!
TarutoClown93

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:03 am Reply with quote
According to the French site MATA-WEB (http://www.mata-web.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6831&p=158293&hilit=dragon+crisis#p158293) the director will be Hideki Tachibana, who worked on certain episodes of To Aru Kagaku no Railgun, along with scenario composition of Hideyuki Kurata (Read or Die). Character design will be provided by Masashi Ishihima (Read of Die). The original character design of the original Dragon Crisis! light novels will be Itsuki Akata.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1