• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Official Anime-Related Figures Thread.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:05 pm Reply with quote
LOL I didn't even realize that until you mentioned it! Not that I would blame him though, judging by the buns on the other Oikawa fig I own. That Sebastian is a pain in the ass to stand straight, and I was honestly done struggling with him, so I just left him in that half-assed position.

BTW, forgot to mention it, but I also pre-ordered this handsome piece of meat

Tbh it's a little underwhelming as far as figmas go (and too pricey!), but Shizuo's in my top 5 all-time husbandos, so I caved in
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Good news is that I found out where my Saber figure that wasn't delivered went. Bad news is that I have to pay AmiAmi 1690 yen for them to reship it back to me. Thanks a lot, USPS. Ugh, this is frustrating because if I don't send money for the second delivery, I won't be refunded.

But on the bright side, I finally did a shoot of my Love Live Figs.

Kotori:

Eli:

Just noticed my last two shots of Eli were off focus. . . Damn it.

Semi-review: Both of them plug in with one feet into the stand. It doesn't feel secure and when putting them into the snap, it feels as if you might snap their legs. The stand can be shortened by popping off the top but then you'd have no purpose for the larger piece.

Sculpt wise, I really dig the dress of these birthday figs -- I contemplated getting more but I really haven't watched the show (look at this pleb buying figs from shows he hasn't watched!). They do look show accurate and I might get either Maki or Umi next.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Got my Dark Magician Girl today. That's one childhood hottie I shant be denied!

The hat is removable and held in place with magnets.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Finally got my Loli Death-god at last and she looks fantastic! Damn I miss GATE...

Rory Mercury :

So, I went to the Love Live! School Idol Project ~ μ'sic Forever~ Final Live on the Friday, visited Akiba on the Saturday and with the 'feels' still strong (I've never seen a city so depressed), bought a few μ's figures.

Honoka :

Maki :

Nico Nico Nii :

Then when I got back to the UK, this lil' beauty was waiting for me. The Real Action Heroes Meliodas figure in my favourite pose. The photo really doesn't do him justice.

Meliodas :

These are just a few I picked up from the start of the year.

Akatsuki (Log Horizon) :

Akagi and Kaga (Kantai Collection) :
Cam0

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:32 am Reply with quote
That Maki one is incredible. I'll probably never buy figures, but I see their... appeal. Never seen Love Live myself, but I've gotten a bit acquainted with the characters through... side material. And the stuff that I've liked have usually featured Maki.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Well I should have had my Katia by now, but you know how the postal system works: "We attempted delivery and no one was home" Bullshit both my brother and I were there!

This is so true: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTlLOF2moxY
Cam0

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:47 pm Reply with quote
I actually had not seen that one, lol. I just always choose the option to have the package delivered to the nearest post office or whatever. The closest one is like a couple kilometers away. The one time I had a package delivered to my doorstep I wasn't home when it arrived. The delivery guy then called me asked if he could leave it in the mail box since it was a tiny package. I said "Yup" and that was the end of that.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Well I should have had my Katia by now, but you know how the postal system works: "We attempted delivery and no one was home" Bullshit both my brother and I were there!

This is so true: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTlLOF2moxY

Well, at least it's still kind of on its way to you. My Nishinoya Nendoroid is lost somewhere, it's been more than two weeks since it left Japan and it hasn't landed in this country yet. Or, most likely, it has but, because our local post is a bigger and bigger mess by each passing day, it seems they're sending packages to different states* before actually sending them to their destination for some unknown reason. I was kind of hoping it would get here for my birthday (in three weeks), but seeing how big of a mess this is, I'm not sure I'll see it by then

*Think something like, you live in LA, a package arrives at LAX, but they send it to Seattle first before rerouting it to you. That's what's apparently happening here
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:14 am Reply with quote
How long does it usually take for you to get stuff? 3 weeks is how long I'd have to wait for shipments from Japan when I used standard shipping.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:40 am Reply with quote
I don't buy figures that often, but the first time I used SAL about a year ago it took 3 or 4 weeks,it was surprisingly fast. But for some reason the national post has been deteriorating over the course of the year: a shipment in November took 5 or 6 weeks, another one in December took almost 2 months (not figures but some books I bought from the US; it wasn't registered and I even got a refund from the sender for it) and my Oikawa Nendoroid was shipped on January 16 and arrived on March 8. It's just progressively getting worse each time. A friend who imports stuff more often told me that her guide had stopped updating for weeks and then suddenly she'd found out some of her packages had been sent to different states before getting rerouted to her* and there are strong rumors about this being a widespread issue in national post, with employees being made to send packages all over the country for no reason at all. I'm so worried my Nishinoya will get lost in that mess, and I have two more figures coming in August and September :/

*She told me this happened with two shipments. To use my earlier LA analogy,it's as if one of them was sent to Seattle and the other one to Houston.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:58 am Reply with quote
Sounds to me it might be worth the extra money to get EMS shipping.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:26 am Reply with quote
Not at all, especially with the yen's price spiking so harshly, plus the price increase in EMS shipping. My friend has gotten both of the packages that were sent on that pointless trip to the other side of the country, so I'll just have to be patient. It's just a stupid nuisance -and I'll have to be more patient with this stuff-, not worth paying twice the price of the actual figure. I just hope the national post gets their shit together soon
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:31 am Reply with quote
Did EMS shipping price go up? Still around $30 for me.

There's always the SAL registered option, at least. I'd probably be too paranoid if it took that long and I had no way to track it.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:54 am Reply with quote
Yep,both TOM and Amiami have been giving ample notification about EMS price going up. It just happened like two weeks ago, so maybe you just haven't gotten it yet.

Of course I do use SAL registered (like you, I'd be paranoid otherwise), but based on what my friend has told me, due to this nonsensical rerouting of shipments, tracking has become unreliable. For instance, my Nishinoya supposedly left Japan on May 30th and has yet to arrive in the Mexico City airport. Given how it usually takes a week or less for that, I'm thinking it might already be in this country, just probably floatig somewhere on its way to Chihuahua for unknown reasons. I really hope that's not the case though, but it's frustrating to check the tracking and see no changes for more than two weeks.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:55 am Reply with quote
Haven't heard a peep from Amiami about that. Guess it doesn't apply to Canadian shipments.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 104 of 111