Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tokyopop Puts Hetalia 1 on Zinio E-Publication Reader




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Teriyaki Terrier



Joined: 26 Mar 2008
Posts: 5689

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:25 pm Reply with quote
And there you go. Not only is the anime licensed and will be dubbed by professional voice actors, but now the manga is licensed and even legally offered online.

Though I imagine there are people that don't want this to happen. And for the record, I am not one of them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sunday Silence



Joined: 22 Jun 2010
Posts: 2047

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Though I imagine there are people that don't want this to happen. And for the record, I am not one of them.


More like, why TOKYOPOP? Was DJ Milky hoping to infuse the anime with his "mad AWESOME DJ skills?" and got this as a compromise?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaymie



Joined: 18 Jun 2009
Posts: 908

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Sunday Silence wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Though I imagine there are people that don't want this to happen. And for the record, I am not one of them.


More like, why TOKYOPOP? Was DJ Milky hoping to infuse the anime with his "mad AWESOME DJ skills?" and got this as a compromise?


DJ Milky's too busy burning hundreds of thousands of dollars with his Otaku Tour, I'm sure. You know, since his personal Weeaboo Mobile is more important than all of the series Tokyopop canceled. Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Manga
Sunday Silence



Joined: 22 Jun 2010
Posts: 2047

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:58 am Reply with quote
Jaymie wrote:
DJ Milky's too busy burning hundreds of thousands of dollars with his Otaku Tour, I'm sure. You know, since his personal Weeaboo Mobile is more important than all of the series Tokyopop canceled. Rolling Eyes


Okay, so, WHY TOKYOPOP? Did the Japanese just realize the concept of low-bid contracts?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Teriyaki Terrier



Joined: 26 Mar 2008
Posts: 5689

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Sunday Silence wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Though I imagine there are people that don't want this to happen. And for the record, I am not one of them.


More like, why TOKYOPOP? Was DJ Milky hoping to infuse the anime with his "mad AWESOME DJ skills?" and got this as a compromise?


Actually I meant in the sense of if both the anime and manga are licensed, then some people will no longer be able to complain about the series not being licensed.

I've seen it before and will probably see it again. Some people rather complain about not having the product licensed than to actually have it licensed. Albeit irrational, it does actually occur.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group