• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Freezing TV Anime's Promo Video Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
legoland12342

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Egan Loo wrote:
Fletcher1991 wrote:
It's a manhwa, not a manga.

Like Black God (Kurokami), Freezing is made by Korean creators, but released first and primarily for a Japanese magazine for Japanese readers. There are other creators such as Felipe Smith and Patric Yu whose recent works are considered "manga" since they were published first in Japanese and aimed primarily at Japanese readers.

Actually, the guys who are working on Freezing were part of the group that worked on Kurokami too...I think.

I've read some of it, too. There's a lot of fanservice in the earlier chapters, but as the story progresses, it starts to shoot more the gorn route, in terms of action and whatnot.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:07 pm Reply with quote
legoland12342 wrote:
Egan Loo wrote:
Fletcher1991 wrote:

Like Black God (Kurokami), Freezing is made by Korean creators, but released first and primarily for a Japanese magazine for Japanese readers. There are other creators such as Felipe Smith and Patric Yu whose recent works are considered "manga" since they were published first in Japanese and aimed primarily at Japanese readers.

Actually, the guys who are working on Freezing were part of the group that worked on Kurokami too...I think.

Dall-Young Lim is the story creator for both manga. However, the artists are different.
legoland12342

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Egan Loo wrote:
legoland12342 wrote:
Egan Loo wrote:
Fletcher1991 wrote:

Dall-Young Lim is the story creator for both manga. However, the artists are different.

I think he's also the same guy who worked on other fanservicey manhwa. Like Onihime VS, Unbalance X 2, Aflame Inferno.

The more you know.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2