• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: The Fullmetal Podcast Premieres with Guests Vic Mignogna and Maxey Whitehead

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
InuNaruPokeAlchemist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Well I am very excited about this. I love fma to death and I will definatly listen to this podcast
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Can't think of a better time to start a podcast than when a show and manga are over. You'r honestly going to start a podcast that has got to have a life expectancy of a year at most? I mean I know the FMA manga is one of the best written manga of all times but frankly I don't think their's anything knew to say.

Also the number of people that listen to the One Piece podcast and the actual sales of One Piece makes me want to knee every last person who claims that One Piece is the best manga ever written and doesn't buy it.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Ugh, interviews with the English dub cast. No thanks. I get enough of their inane thoughts on those terrible voice actor commentaries on the Brotherhood Blu-Rays.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:34 pm Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
Can't think of a better time to start a podcast than when a show and manga are over. You'r honestly going to start a podcast that has got to have a life expectancy of a year at most? I mean I know the FMA manga is one of the best written manga of all times but frankly I don't think their's anything knew to say.

They had been planning to do it for a while. I can't say the reasons why it took so long because I don't know them, but they really wanted to start it while both the anime and manga were still going.

Honestly after both the anime and manga finished I thought it just wasn't going to happen - But here it is, and with the two main characters' VA's. Not bad!

I prefer the One Piece Podcast, though. Might make total sense because I prefer One Piece over FMA in general. =P
GMSenpai

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:41 pm Reply with quote
You'd be surprised how much you can get out of a podcast like this. FMA at its core between the original series, Brotherhood and the manga have a lot to talk about, I could see them doing entire episodes about individual characters on a weekly basis and have 6 months worth of material.

Last time I was called to the batters box to review FMA(series 1) the review lasted over two hours, and we were barely scratching the surface. As a fellow podcaster, good on them for making a show based around an entire series. If this is anything like the One Piece podcast(which I believe these folks are behind) then I think there is no worries for quality or quantity in their content.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1