• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Missing Inaction

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brand

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:16 pm Reply with quote
WTF?! Atlus. I love you but I can't take this remaking of P3 no more. I'm going to Japan just to punch you in the face. Also, wow those redesigns are super generic looking. SMT fans like cool arts with their dungeons, really!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dessa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Not touching P3S...

But I wish that ToH would come out over here. Granted, I'm not sure I could bring myself to fight Guy in the cameo battle, but still.
Keyl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Dammit Atlust, stop playing tag with my head. Just give me Persona 5!!! stop remaking the same game (p3) over and over again. i won't buy it for a fourth time.
Dessa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Keyl wrote:
Dammit Atlust, stop playing tag with my head. Just give me Persona 5!!! stop remaking the same game (p3) over and over again. i won't buy it for a fourth time.

I don't even care about P5. I want "Persona 2: Innocent Sin + Eternal Punishment Dual-Pack" for the PSP. There's no reason for them not to make it.
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:59 pm Reply with quote
SaGa 2 was my favorite game for the original Gameboy. I'd probably buy that remake if they released it here.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:17 am Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:

I don't even care about P5. I want "Persona 2: Innocent Sin + Eternal Punishment Dual-Pack" for the PSP. There's no reason for them not to make it.

Yeah there is. It sold BAD. Both in Japan and internationally. Bad sales = not too much of a push for remaking sequels. Sadly :/
Primus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:01 am Reply with quote
Sheleigha wrote:
Dessa wrote:

Yeah there is. It sold BAD. Both in Japan and internationally. Bad sales = not too much of a push for remaking sequels. Sadly :/

If you're referring to the PSP remake of Persona, it actually sold better than what Atlus predicted in both North America and Japan (European release was PSN only, and was only released last week).

If you're referring to the sales of Persona 2, well, the franchise is much bigger now than when it was originally released. Although if Atlus pumps out anymore P3 remakes and ports, I'd imagine franchise fatigue is going to hit Atlus like a train.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:09 am Reply with quote
Primus wrote:

If you're referring to the PSP remake of Persona, it actually sold better than what Atlus predicted in both North America and Japan (European release was PSN only, and was only released last week).

Really? I was sure I read that it had worse than expected numbers :/ Could be mistaking it for another game, of course.

Still, I'll be happy if they do make a PSP release of Persona 2. I won't be picking up a PS1 copy of it any time soon. Need extra pocket money for that^^

Oh, and for adding comment for Tales of Hearts, it simply won't be coming because Bamco are complete idiots... Yes, I'll have to be the first to touch on it. You should see Namco's Facebook pages of loyal Tales fans posting their troll of the day... Persistance is good!
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:27 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Fifteen years ago, the RPG-playing youth of this continent could only muddle through imports or stare at magazine previews for Seiken Densetsu 3 or Tales of Phantasia. Today, just about any respectable RPG stands a good chance of leaving Japan.

Except Seiken Densetsu 3. Mad

Anyway, I'm surprised you brought up Saga 2.0 without also mentioning DQ VI. SQ'Enix is taking forever on that one. I don't see why the company's taking forever bringing it over here, either. Just re-title it to Final Fantasy Legend 2 like before. Though personally, I would've prefered they remade the third game in that series, since it was clearly the predecessor to Chrono Trigger, and a better game in that vein, too.
shamisen the great

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:03 am Reply with quote
Another Persona 3. Really? I've bought that game three times, but even I have my limits. Let's see Persona 5 already. Or at least a port of the previously mentioned Persona 2 games.
Vent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:02 am Reply with quote
Why is everyone acting like a Japanese online cell phone game is going to come out over here anyway?
Penguin_Factory

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:41 am Reply with quote
As everyone who is intelligent and handsome knows, Halloween is the best time of year and I therefore wholly support the creation of Halloween themed RPGs.

Tactcis Ogre: Let us Cling Together (great title) is one of the rare games that makes me wish I had a PSP.
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:15 am Reply with quote
Yay, yet another person who has seen Kiwi!. It may be tragic, but that's only because it did such a good job in getting you to connect with the character in just three minutes and zero dialogue.

And double yay, as a game exists that features kiwis - and apparently it doesn't suck. Awesome.
varmintx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:21 am Reply with quote
It took 15 more years than I would have liked to play Secret of Mana 2 (aka Seiken Densetsu 3) but I finally got around to doing so this summer via emulation. While I don't think it was worth waiting that long...it's a pretty damn good game.

I started Tales of Phantasia and it seems to be really good as well. It just kind of annoys me that I couldn't play them as a teenager when I had a lot of time to waste on JRPGs.
glitteringloke

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:42 am Reply with quote
ToH might have been a good one to come stateside. It was a fun game (though Shing really could be cheap with his attacks). But i think Tales of Innocence was a much better game, IMO.

just sayin'...

tho i'm having way too much fun with Tales of Phantasia Narikiri Dungeon X. (Even if Rodeline seems like someone's self-insert mary sue). But i'm sure this will also never see the shores of North America. *is reminded to place preorder for ToGracesF*
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3