• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Natsu no Arashi! Manga to End in September

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Random_Guy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:20 am Reply with quote
Well, i believe that Natsu no Arashi was... "good". It had a very interesting plot and some funny gags, but it doesn't have the charm of School Rumble.

He said that NnA was his "baby", meaning that this was his dream project, but i believe that it didn't work at all. It had some interesting characters but in the end, they failed... i mean... come on!, they had to put SR character cameos on the anime series! and it happened so many times to mantain interest on the series.

Well, i believe that KJ should recover his senses and finish SR in a proper way. Stopping SR so suddenly and begin a new project was a calculated risk that in the end, damaged NnA's rating and sales. Finishing SR and THEN initiate whatever he wants is the right thing to do.
Togame

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
they had to put SR character cameos on the anime series! and it happened so many times to mantain interest on the series.

What? Touhou cameos, K-On cameos were probably to "spark interest" as well? That's just how Shaft does their shows. They needlessly shoehorned lots of gags and references into the series, none of which (except for a couple) even were in the manga! It was not meant to be a god damn reference/satire show like Zetsubou Sensei. And the manga is obviously not. Besides, putting SR characters was more like a tribute to his early work than anything else.

So... why did they fail again? That's right, they did not. It's an amazing manga and a decent series. Why didn't it sell then you might ask? Who knows! In a country where shows like Kampfer and Strike Witches get several thousands of sold copies, can you really ask those questions? And then there is that show, "Baka to Test", which was also practically made by the same people who did Arashi adaptation - Oonuma Shin and Takayama Katsuhiko. Was it really that more fun? Did it have more intricate (if any) plot? Did it have anything outsanding going for it except for overdone gay gag which attracts the weirdest crowd out there? Yes, I did go there.

I would probably blame lack of decent advertising on Square Enix and Starchild's part.

I mean, seriously, what exactly was bad about it? Well, filler in S2 didn't help, but if we are to talk about the main dish, what was wrong with it?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2