• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Star Driver, Sora no Otoshimono: Forte Promos Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4nBlue

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Ginga bishounen? Fabulous mecha being fabulous! Now I'm seriously excited about Star Driver. I expected this to be as fabulous as Five Star Stories, but this seems to be in it's own class.
mudduck454

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:26 pm Reply with quote
well I love perverted shows like Sora no Otoshimono, so I hope the first season sells very well for funimation, or they license the second season for simulcast, either way, I am buying the first season from funimation, and I hope they get the second season.
Leebo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Star Driver looks great.
bahamut623

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Very nice, Star Driver! The character designs were the only thing I wasn't feeling, but after seeing them in motion I like them a lot better. Can't wait for it. Maybe it'll be like Gurren Lagann meets Utena?? Laughing
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, I have to wonder if I'll get along with the voice actress doing the female lead, since Saki's role left a bitter taste in my mouth (melodramatic). But she sounded sweet in the trailer; just hope this role won't involve much drama, as her cheerful characters sound so much better.
Still, great visuals, and nicely chosen voice actors.

Just the thought of watching this, Shiki, and Legend of the Legendary Heroes every week. yay
garfield15

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:28 pm Reply with quote
bahamut623 wrote:
Maybe it'll be like Gurren Lagann meets Utena?? Laughing

Yes, that would be a win combination.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:16 pm Reply with quote
garfield15 wrote:
bahamut623 wrote:

Yes, that would be a win combination.

That would be quite interesting, that trailer was great and while a different setting those action shots had the same energy and epic feeling camera shots and striking music going so it totally felt a bit like Gurren.

Oh yeah and the extra indulgent flair in the clip where he transforms into his uniform, that's some Gurren flair IMO.

The bits of robot action remind me of appropriately since it's Bones like a mix of Gurren's epic and E7/Xam'd's smoothness.

Bones has the animation quality to totally pull this off, hope it's good, can't wait.

Last edited by DangerMouse on Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
edzieba

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:34 pm Reply with quote
"You got Gurren Lagann in my Five Star stories!" "You got Five star stories in my Gurren Lagann"

Really Bones, even using the same vertically scrolling blue-and-green-mottled-stripes-with-sparkles background?
pajmo9

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Star Driver looks like decent entertainment.

Count me in.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:08 pm Reply with quote
bahamut623 wrote:

I was thinking the same, though the Utena vibes were evident from the synopsis and the characters (not a surprise given who's writing it). That's not a bad combination, at all, and like Eureka Seven, and to a lesser extent, RahXephon, it seems like BONES is making a giant robot show that borrows numerous elements from others (including non-robot shows) while still making it their own and original ("Southern Cross", anyone? Wink ). Gotta dig that ab-fab magical gir-err-guy transformation sequence by Takuto.

Then again, you can always count on BONES to make an unconventional giant robot series. Looks like a lot of fun, indeed (not like the plot, ridiculous costumes, or 'bots named "Cybuddys(ies)" weren't enough of an indication, previously).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Well, I'm looking forward to the 2nd season of 'Sora no Otoshimono'. Damn, I completely forgot about the first half being licensed. I knew there was something I left off my wish lists. Star Driver looks interesting. I can't say when the last time it was that I saw a decent mecha flick.
mediaright

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Star Driver is definitely the one to watch. It's the director of Soul Eater and Ouran too, plus BONES, plus a seemingly all-star voice cast.

I really, really hope it's good. Goodness knows so many shows with this much going for them have gone south. It's kinda sad.

I wonder if Crunchyroll or Funi will pick this up for simulcasting. We won't know until right before it premiers, but can't wait either way.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1