• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: US Premiere of Star Driver at New York ComicCon and Anime Festival

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mediaright

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:52 pm Reply with quote
Ok, so this makes a few things clear:

-BONES is feeling very nice today. Anime hyper

-Star Driver was clearly created to appeal to international audiences (struggling industry, mech show, Bones has seen international success before).

-You can be darn sure this'll be on Crunchyroll or Funimation shortly after 10/9.

P.S. Here's a shot in the dark thought: If I were Adam Shehan or Lance or someone over at Funi planning the launch of a new video portal/social network scheduled to launch in some capacity in October, I'd want to launch it with one hell of a simulcast. Funi has Ouran and Soul Eater (same director) and a long-time relationship with BONES. What are the chances someone inside is at-least trying very, very hard to get this thing for launch before Crunchyroll does? Just a hypothetical.
bahamut623

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:13 am Reply with quote
First the Gundam 00 movie now Star Driver??? This is shaping up to be the best NYAF yet.
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:21 am Reply with quote
Star Driver airs on October 1st, and will probably be on Crunchyroll. How is this a "premiere"?
BigLL

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:14 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
Star Driver airs on October 1st, and will probably be on Crunchyroll. How is this a "premiere"?

According to the article "The official 1st episode airs October 3rd...", not October 1st.
The title says "US Premiere", not a world premiere.
agila61

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:40 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:

For example, by Crunchyroll airing the first episode to both anime and general members on Sunday morning of week 2, at the same time that they simulcast the second episode to anime members. That would be after the NYAF screening, which would make the NYAF screening "the premier".

Given the uncertainty of which series they will get the streaming rights for and how long into the season it will take, postponing the stream of the first episode until the week 2 broadcast is no deal breaker ~ they did not get Giant Killing until over halfway through the Spring anime season. And an announcement at the screening on Saturday evening that it will start streaming at Crunchy early the next day would not be far off Crunchyroll's tendency to announce the stream and the terms when it starts streaming.

And the form of Funimation is to announce what they are going to simulcast in one or two bunches, but only be specific about some of the simulcasts as to when exactly the streams are going to start. SO they could well include a Star Driver streaming announcement as a part of a set of announcements in an industry panel sometime that weekend.
agila61

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:24 am Reply with quote
mediaright wrote:
P.S. Here's a shot in the dark thought: If I were Adam Shehan or Lance or someone over at Funi planning the launch of a new video portal/social network scheduled to launch in some capacity in October, I'd want to launch it with one hell of a simulcast. Funi has Ouran and Soul Eater (same director) and a long-time relationship with BONES. What are the chances someone inside is at-least trying very, very hard to get this thing for launch before Crunchyroll does? Just a hypothetical.

Is Aniplex USA co-hosting this because Aniplex is part of the production committee, or because they are looking to distribute the DVD's? Aniplex USA picked up Durarara, which streamed at Crunchy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1